Sign in to follow this  
PUTALE1

Memory problem

hi, I was trying to benchmark my system with the new sandra. HOwever, when I benchmark the memory bandwidth/latency, the system will just reboot. Is this a sign that my memory has trouble?

(the memory is under my sig.)

thanks guys.

thanks for the reply. I have not encounter that much error or crash. I did encounter some crashes but I think that's due to the nf4 chipset driver and the maxtor HD. did some tweaking and it works.

I ran the memtest (the one included in the newest bios) for like 8 hours and it has not found any errors. What do you guys think? anyone else has trouble with sandra problem.

this is the memory dump error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

any ideas?

Even hours of passing In-built Memtest is not good enough to say that your memory is 100% OK. Memtest is just a first line of check if your memory is OK or is it maybe unreliable because of overclocking/timing issues.

Try overnight test with goldmemory, so you can be at least 99.9% sure you are not having a memory problem. Once you are sure of that you could start looking into other potential issues, like chipset drivers, bios settings, etc..

THANK YOU so much for the reply. Well, I had run the test overnight and no error was found. What else do you suggest? Thank you so much for the help.

Hello,

Have you plugged all 4 power connectors into the board?

Are you using the orange memory slots?

What happens if you set the memory voltage to 2.8v?

Also do not install the nvidia firewall software (NAM)

thanks for the reply, sharp

Yes, I have plug in all 3 power connectors and use the orange color slot. I have not set the memory voltage to 2.8 yet, just at default 2.6. I tried 2.7 once I think and still see the problem so I revert back to 2.6.

No the NAM is not installed.

BTW, I notice that lately my system is a bit unstable as it will restart occassionally. got one of the dumps as

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8052191c).

any suggestion, could this be ram or what?

sorry, I typed wrong. I did connect all 4 connectors, the bit power connector, the 4 pin one, the 4pin molex for the dvdrw, and the 4pin floppy connector. I did connect them all and make sure that they are secured.

I had run double prime and no error.

For some reason, it seems like the sytem is less stable with the new 04/06 bios, while It's runnign quite stable with the 6-23.

I am really puzzled as shoudl I rma the ram (although since both memtests are fine, and so is the prime), so I am not sure if it's is entirely hardware or not.

thanks lowboy. I thought that too, but when I flashed back to the older bios, it doesn't seem that much stable with it. For some reason, when I flashed the bios, it just won't go back to the original state. Even OC is not as good. I really don't konw why. I am really hope to find the culprit, the ram, mobo or what. I mean, when it works, it works, but just occassioanlly reboot is annoying.