Sign in to follow this  
Transporter_GW

CFX3200-DR Temperatures thread (all merged)

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to know what people are getting as a temperature reading for the RD580 chipset in the bios?

Thanks

i put the Evercool VC-RE on mine, and I have a CM Stacker case with a Cross-Flow fan that blows right across the board nicely....and my temps have never went past 45C

with the stock chipset fan on it and sitting out in the open with air blowing across it...about the same lol

the top ofthe ATI chip is very tiny compared to the NF4 and the old NF3 chips ;)

i put the Evercool VC-RE on mine, and I have a CM Stacker case with a Cross-Flow fan that blows right across the board nicely....and my temps have never went past 45C

with the stock chipset fan on it and sitting out in the open with air blowing across it...about the same lol

the top ofthe ATI chip is very tiny compared to the NF4 and the old NF3 chips ;)

Thanks for the reply, I just thought the RD580 was suppose to run at lower temps the the SLI Chipset.

Thanks for the reply, I just thought the RD580 was suppose to run at lower temps the the SLI Chipset.

well

i dont know if it is SUPPOSED to

the NF4 chipset can get pretty hot

but so can the RD480 chipset on the older RDX200 ATI board, and with the RD580 chipset handling more...it in theory should be as hot or hotter

however...it is a few degrees cooler on average...but if you have a 7800GT or GTX etc that blows hot gpu air out the back of the card right over the chipset...well...its gonna run real real hot

with my ATI cards blowing out of the front...the temp is automatically a little cooler than when my 7800GT is installed ;)

the NF4 chipset can get pretty hot

but so can the RD480 chipset on the older RDX200 ATI board, and with the RD580 chipset handling more...it in theory should be as hot or hotter

The RD480 chipset on my old Asus A8R-MVP never passed 32C overclocked and with just a tiny heatsink.

I'm getting 44C now on the RD580 on my DFI.

The RD480 chipset on my old Asus A8R-MVP never passed 32C overclocked and with just a tiny heatsink.

I'm getting 44C now on the RD580 on my DFI.

you cannot compare another brand of board with the DFI

you cannot compare any brand of board with any other brand of board

you just can't and should never get in the habit of trying to do so in anything but in raw performance.

hi,

i 've bought CFX3200-DR a few weeks ago and i got serious prolblems with this Board.

Did sb know how warm the chipset can get ?

My temperature is 50 ° Celsius and raising.

thx's

my chipset hits about 51C on full load, problem is that in crossfire setup it is sandwiched between the two GFX and they kick out some serious heat.

i am hoping to watercool it soon, but i must say it has not given me any problems so far.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted if anyone is water cooling here and what type of temperatures theirs getting on their video cards and cpu on the CFX3200-DR.

Thanks,