Sign in to follow this  
Johnkam

will 3x 40mm evercool fans enought to cool my Geil ram???

I am running Mushkin Redline...at 3.6v, I dont know anything that gets hotter than that, and the only thing i have done was make one of my 120mm Exhaust fans an intake and in doing so I have also helped cool down my cpu...an 80mm fan would work just fine as well...it doesnt take much, just some air moving around thats all.

The nf3-250 is grate. theres two board screew hold downs. one on each end of the memory slots. so i took a bunch of board stand offs and screewed them together and put then there as rizers and made a flat plate out of plexie glass monted the three fans on the plexie glass. right over the top of the memory

Small fans are though to move with little voltage...you should use a big 120 fan, with a duct and thats it...well,at least that works for me :P

all good ideas guys, i just noticed thers a molex cable passing my memory so im ognna hook all 3 of them up to that.... 3x40mm fans is my olny solution because 80mm fan or anything bigger 1. Wont fit and 2.will look crap mas my case is super tidy etc... i have attached a pic of my case, you can see the molex just to the right :)

aaaaaaaaaa1212120am.jpg

I don't think ram really gets hot enough to need that much cooling. Many people debate if heatspreaders are even necessary. That said, if you've got the fans, you might as well put them to work.

try this, before you go messing up that pretty darn snazzy looking setup you got there, just (temporarily) stick an 80mm fan or larger there and see if it helps any at all with your memory. if so, then proceed with the 40mm fan setup (get a fan controller!!). if the temp fan doesn't help accomplish what you are trying to do, then don't waste the time on the 40mm setup.

it appears that your case should have plenty of airflow to keep the memory cool. and i dont think you have really stated yet why you need the extra cooling on the memory.

well everyone that has their memory over 2.9v has cooling on it, also been told that if im gonna go 2.8v+ is should have active cooling. Thanks

3x40mm is the only way i know ur gonna get those ram cooled, if ur gonna bump the ram voltage to 3.5 to 4.0 yes a cooling is really needed. BH-5, TCCD with 3.2v dont really need cooling on them if they have heat spreaders.

well here is my custom bracket nearly completed, if you are wondering what xlan is, well check it out www.xlan.co.nz its NZ biggest lan ever 650 lanners :):), what do u think of my dremel engraving skills ???? :)

img1491medium0ti.jpg