will 3x 40mm evercool fans enought to cool my Geil ram???

hi guys, i just ordered 3x40mm evercool fans... im gonna make a custom bracked to they blow air on the ram... will this be sufficent for taking my ram upto around 3.1v safley???

thats out of the guestion as then its a hassle to swap ram etc...etc...+ i have no money, will 3x40mm evercool fans we sufficent is what i wanna know, as i seen many people cool their ram with 2x40mm fans so i think that 3x40mm fans should be good, will it be safe then to run memory at 3.1v??

hi guys, i just ordered 3x40mm evercool fans... im gonna make a custom bracked to they blow air on the ram... will this be sufficent for taking my ram upto around 3.1v safley???

I'm not sure it'd be particularly safe at that voltage, but they shouldn't be terribly warm as long as your case stays reasonably cool...

thats what i use and it works grate

u rekon???, i was gonna hook all 3 wires together so like 3 fans run off 12v which is like 4v each and plug them up to 3pin socket on mobo??
4v is probably not enough to get the fans to spin up to begin with. fans usually need a certain voltage to get them started rotating and then you can reduce that voltage. i am not sure 4v is enough for either of those situations (start up or operation). not to mention that the CFM of a 40mm fan operated at 4v is probably not enough to make it worthwhile to cool your memory.

i would suggest buying some kind of fan controller to hook them up to. then you can set the fans so that they make the most CFMs at the maximum noise you will allow. if you have somewhere to mount a single 120mm fan that could cool memory and chipset area, that might be better than a bunch of 40mm fans.

i was gonna hook all 3 wires together so like 3 fans run off 12v which is like 4v each and plug them up to 3pin socket on mobo??
well dont know what you got in mind? so that it makes them 4 v

+__/__/__/_ ???

Dont think you can do that ? My self I hooked all three together also and pluged them strat to 12v Not so good idea to rod power from the board

why don't you use a single 80/92/120mm fan and use a fan controller on that? It'll be much quieter and push more air than the 40mm setup. Sure it wont have the gee-wiz factor, but it'll have the "usefull" factor and actually work

It sounds like you're just overcomplicating things.

Remember...... K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid

(im not saying you're stupid)