Sign in to follow this  
Hani

corsair value on dfi ultra-d

hi i just want my computer to bee stable without overclocking so does corsair value work on dfi ultra-d without tweeking??

Any kind of Value, Value Select (whichever) memory modules will either be hard to setup or incompatible with DFI boards. Some have tried it and succeed or failed. Doesn't hurt to try, but you'll notice right away if there is an incompatibility issue. I hope this helps...

hi i just want my computer to bee stable without overclocking so does corsair value work on dfi ultra-d without tweeking??

set vdimm to 2.7v-2.85v, may have to test for best voltage

enter these values into bios (in order)

enabled

auto

enabled

auto

Level 7/Weak 4

Level 3 or 4

auto/ 8ns or 9ns

auto/ 6.5ns or 7ns

256clocks

enabled

8x

4x

disabled

I have a Corsair Value Select 2x512 and also ocing my system. So it does work and I have a Expert board. Funny thing I got cheapy components like me psu and memory but everything is stable but I believe my memory is holding my back from the 3ghz barrier.

are you shore and witch bios i have BIOS 2005/11/14,

yes I'm sure. I had the same sticks on this board for a few months before upping to 2GB. if in doubt, just leave Max Asynch Latency and Read Preamble at "auto". I can guarantee the other settings will work, certainly at 200mhz anyway. Those timings are actually somewhat loose for that speed, and should get most Corsair VS 512mb sticks up to 225-230mhz roughly.

and it doesn't matter which bios you use with these sticks. they are going to be difficult period

ok i just want want my pc to bee stable

I can't do your work for you though. You still need to run memtest, prime95, etc. to make sure they are stable

Using Hawkeyefan's settings you should be fine, I am currently running corsair value ram in my SLI-D (rig in sig....no ryhming intended, haha).

I am priming right now at 311x9, and they seem to be holding up. I couldn't get them stable above 265 when using the x11 multi, but I used a combination of Hawkeyefan's and my older settings and this 311x9 seems rock stable. If it turns out fine, I'll go back and try to OC with the x11 multi possibly (I don't know why I don't just leave stuff alone when I get it stable).

My settings are listed in this post if you are interested.

It turns out DFI doesn't completely hate valueRAM, it just makes you become a very dedicated OC'er to get it running properly.

valueselect works fine in my system.

300x9 opty 165 on expert's 120 divider = 207.xx at 2.5-4-4-7 1T stable w/ 2.77v =D