Sign in to follow this  
rdr4g0n

lots of problems with 7900gt but whats the solution!?

Its been tried. With everything ranging from the latest beta drivers from NGO, to the oldest that will work with a 7900. Drivers arn't the problem. Don't waste your time.

If the card is artifacting, its borked. RMA it. Plain and simple.

evga told me to check my 12v rail. they say if it drops below 11.75 that is the prob... i emailed back asking if im supposed to be monitoring my 12v rail my entire gaming session or what!? he linked me to speedfan (which immediatly crashed my pc when i ran it first time lol) which cant detect my chipset for some reason. i used smartguardian says im at 11.96-12v so i guess thats a reasonable margin. seem like a likely suspect?

evga told me to check my 12v rail. they say if it drops below 11.75 that is the prob... i emailed back asking if im supposed to be monitoring my 12v rail my entire gaming session or what!? he linked me to speedfan (which immediatly crashed my pc when i ran it first time lol) which cant detect my chipset for some reason. i used smartguardian says im at 11.96-12v so i guess thats a reasonable margin. seem like a likely suspect?

First you need to verify that what your sensors read is correct buy comparing it to multimeter values.

Then, you have to do this under full load, that means if you have the problems while gaming you have to have dual-head monitors or you have to write to a logfile that you later inspect.

logfile seems liek a good idea... ill do that tonight too. i got like 20 things to do to that vid card tonight lol

i wanna make sure the card isnt messed up before i volt mod : )

Don't use software, use a multimeter (very easy), did i suggest this before?

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

http://www.driverheaven.net/guides/testingPSU/

ive seen the links around. thanks for them though, im getting a meter on my way home today. i do a lot of stuff like this and i keep borrowing my friends meter so i figure its time to get my own. plus the case im working on to house my pc is gonna have a lot of custom leds and wiring them and getting the resistance right is gonna require and ohm meter. i would normally get one off the net for like half the price, but i need one now!

Did you try your 7900GT KO on any of your buddies machines? Which version, model, and week number do you have? Are you using a PCI-E power connector from the PSU or just using of the adaptors that might of came with it to connect to two or one Molex then to you card? Are you checking your temperature in the forceware drivers at IDLE and LOAD. How is your fan speed? This is too much, i know....but we'll get to the bottom of this mess....trust me....

pcie power connector, idle temp is ~41c in driver window, havent tried in other rigs (i have like 2 friends lol and only one has a pc with pci-e connector), havent checked fan temps

pcie power connector, idle temp is ~41c in driver window, havent tried in other rigs (i have like 2 friends lol and only one has a pc with pci-e connector), havent checked fan temps

Welcome to the club man, i'm anti-social too, HAHAHA. Do you have anything to use (application or utility wise) on adjusting the cooler fan speed on your 7900GT? Which driver version are you running right now, and i'm not going to ask again. :P

Welcome to the club man, i'm anti-social too, HAHAHA. Do you have anything to use (application or utility wise) on adjusting the cooler fan speed on your 7900GT? Which driver version are you running right now, and i'm not going to ask again. :P

lol 84.21 havent messed with beta yet...