Worst S939 Venice 3000+ Award

0521BPPW, requires just under 1.6v to get to 2000mhz and 1.75v to achieve 2300mhz. Anyone have a S939 Venice that is even worse? I'd like to get some sort of recognition for owning a world record chip if not.

i would check the settings again..u may have a setting incorrect

also a powersupply that is not strong enough to up the mhz could be a culprit. best thing to do is check out those rails with a digital MM (dont even listen to software readings)

I've been tweaking every possible setting on two different motherboards for about 8 months now-there's no way it's getting any higher.

On the PSU note, I checked all voltages with the good ole DMM and noticed a that the delta v between prime and not under load was around .02v, and each voltage was(while priming) consistently 2% over the intended value. Not the PSU- just a bum chip, and I'd like some recognition for being the owner of an unholy venice.

That is the worst 3000 Venice I have ever seen. You Win!! I might be able to make you a trophy out of a couple IHS's and a dead Socket 754 3000 Venice.

Put in a rig for your kid/little sister.

AMD actually binned that one appropriately, unfortunate that an overclocker would get it.

The new Opteron 165 steppings are doing very well, might be a sign? ;)

When I opened this thread I thought "Guy better have a week 21, or he has no idea how bad the worst can be," and you clearly do have the worst Venice ever. One of my old AMDs needed 5v just to get to 8Mhz, but that was sorta different back then.

Worst ever, you've got my vote.