Clearing CMOS clears a lot of issues!!

Guest EFiNi7

Don't take this is final or anything, the method used on the nf4's is diffrent because of the voltage controller issue, you have to be careful.

Best a mod post on this.

Anyways my method for my nf2:

Put a swicth on the clear cmos jumoper area.

Not a few second one, a permnment type of switch, one that clicks and stays on or off.

Put the 2 wire's, that are on a jumper like clip thingy lol, easy to find.

Anyways put it on the run posistion or whatever it's called.

So when the switched is clicked in, the cmos is not cleared.

When you click it, it pop's out, the switch button, and it'll clear the cmos.

It's as simple as click-click, click-click.

Fast as possible if you want, does'nt matter.

Power must be going to the mobo though, it won't clear for shiz 90% of the time if there's no power going to the board.

Mods please like um, your inputs.

Don't understand what you said there mate.

I think I'm gonna just turn off my PC, keep the power on and put the jumper to clear CMOS. Then I'm gonna go food shopping, and when I get back I'll set it back to normal and then boot my PC - is that alright ?

And how do I know that it's been cleared ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EFiNi7

i always unplug the power and remove the battery. You know when it is done if the date and time settings are back to default and most things will be on AUTO

last night after flashing to 04/06/2006 BIOS, I turned the computer off and changed the jumper, turned the computer back on and everything loaded fine. I'd say less than 1 minute total and it cleared for me

How do i clear cmos?

Turn off computer, Change place of Jumper, wait 1 hour, change back place of Jumper, Start Computer, Go into Bios, Shut off computer, Start Computer, Get into Windows, Shut off computer, Start Computer, Get into Bios and change!?!?

How do i clear cmos?

Turn off computer, Change place of Jumper, wait 1 hour, change back place of Jumper, Start Computer, Go into Bios, Shut off computer, Start Computer, Get into Windows, Shut off computer, Start Computer, Get into Bios and change!?!?

THANK YOU! That is all I needed to know! :cool:

So EFiNi7 are you saying thats all you do is unplug the system and remove the battery. Or do you change the jumper settings also?? I am new to this so try and bear with me.

I also have a post that talks about how I am having a hard time OC'ing my system. I currently can only get my system to 241X10 so maybe this will help me get past this barrier. For a while I could get it to run stable at 245X10 but when I tried to go past the 245 I could not boot into Windows. So then I could not get back to 245 (which I had saved the setting in CMOS reloaded) and I could only get to 241(which I am currently running now) but I want to acheive somewhere close to at least 250X10. So I am willing to try anything at this point and if this helps that would be great. I have tried to change the multiplier from 10 to 9 with a higher FSB but then all I get when I try to boot into Windows is that one of my boot files is missing and I can't go anywhere.

If there is a guide to clearing the CMOS I would be grateful if someone would point it out to me.

Hey sorry I had not gotten to the second page of this forum before I posted.....I now see what it takes to clear the CMOS. 1 thing am I leaving the system plugged into the power supply during the "waiting" hour (I would think not) but I am just checking . Or is the system just sitting there all by itself not attached to anything with the jumper setting on "clear"??

Guest EFiNi7

Ok i edited my first post with instructions, go take a look at the first post in this thread.

The power should always be unplugged. You want the motherboard to be completely drained.

Also what is the stepping of your processor? Take a look at this http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96900 to give you what sort of idea what stepping can achieve what.

Guest Retratserif

They need to add that you should short out the place where the battery goes, and while shorting it, you hit the power. That completes the clear. I didnt know that, and couldnt get a good clear untill I did. Learn somehting new everyday.

Hey EFiNi7 thanks for the reply. I have a CCB1E 0550VPMW. I have been trying to overclock it for quite some time now. I did the CMOS clear and it seemed to help. Now I can get 243X10 but it will not boot into Windows at 245X10. The best I have been able to get is the 245X10 in the past but not now. Most of my settings are on auto though.

The only things I don't have on auto are the FSB(which is set to 243) and the Frequency ratio, which is set to 10.0. Any suggestions. I have not altered the DRAM settings at all. Plus it seems that changing the CPU Vid startup, Vid control and Special control values do absolutely nothing for me.

I changed the RAM chips to the orange slots since clearing the CMOS so maybe that will help. Does anyone have a suggestion. I have a thread that I started a few weeks ago----Need Opty 170 Oc Help and I still need help!!!!!

Guest EFiNi7

You have one of the best steppings there, should be able to hit 2.8 on stock voltage easy and hit 3Ghz with little effort.

If voltage is having no effect i would say your PSU is letting you down. You should check it with a multimeter. Do you get a lot of fluctuation in the readings on motherboard monitor 5?? If so it could be a dead give away.

Put ur HTT/LDT mulitplier from AUTO to x4.

If your ram loves voltage i would use the yellow slots, but if you do that remember to clear the CMOS after you plug them in.

But there is still a lot of information i need to be able to help you. Like the divider your using in the memory page etc. Send me a PM with your bios settings and ill check them out. SHould be able to get that thing cooking