Sign in to follow this  
Danuel

Scrambled Post Screen

This only happens on rare occasions, but will do it about 2 or 3 times before correcting itself. When i come off a cold boot after having the computer off for some time to do a clean out or a upgrade, when i turn it back on the screen is all scrambled at POST, scrambled like when your NES (8bit ninendo for thos who dont know) glitches. Ill have to turn it off, then on then off then back on and it works just fine, anyone know what is causing this? some say it may be a power issue, some say the card, any ideas though? it only happens about 1/10 times id say.

ram/ video card/power etc all stable and 100% tested in OS?

also see if it will still do it without the soundblaster sound card

i have had this problem since i built my computer in january. and u are right, it only happens every now and then and usually corrects itself after shutting down and restarting again. i have yet to get an answer to this problem and as far as i can see everything i have runs stable, i even memtested for 3 hours which was like 5 full tests and i did 20 full passes of test 5 like u are supposed to and it ran stable no errors.

i will say this though, the one thing i just now noticed and has been common among others who have this problem is that our video cards are GEFORCE 6800 GS!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do not know what the heck it is with these cards but that is my number 1 suspect for the problem. because well, it really is the one link between everyone ive read about that has this problem. go to this post and read it and you will see what im talking about

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47656

when my monitor was going out it did that,only on cold start then got worse

got an ACER lcd no more problems.i just swapped out an old monitor to test

and it didnt glitch on cold starts so i knew the problem,thought at first it was my

6800 but nope.

Same problem here...7800gt,..and no, it's not the monitor/vid card if we are all having the same problem on DFI mobos...