Sign in to follow this  
Fredjohny

peltier

Eh?

Does anyone know if adding a peltier to a water cooling rad would do much good? I do not want to freeze everything up by putting it on the cpu. I just want it abit cooler for the summer heat. Thanks

Wouldn't be very efficient. You would need to cool the hot-side of the plate, air cooling is not quite enough. Better off going the distance when working with pelts and mount it and a cold plate to the Water block because they are going to throw off alot of heat for minimal gain. At one time I had right at 400 watts worth of pelts in a rig and I could bring room temp up 15 degrees in one hour.

wow....that would be hot. I didn't think so.... but I was hoping for maybe 10c drop....the rad is flat on the sides, wide enough too. I've tried freezing on a 1.6 willy and a 2.66 but have always had problems with frost.....sometimes costly

Peltiers are quite complicated, in setting up. Due to possible run off into the mobo etc. I don't recommend it unless you really know what you are doing. Gains are high if done properly, however heat dissapation must be very good otherwise like it was mentioned temps especially ambient will rise.

400 Watts of Peltier fun? What were you cooling lol? I used 200 watts, and though that was overkill.