Are these settings from Angry okay to use for my specs?

Mako3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what should I set the voltage too? I'm just going to start low and work my way up in OC'n. I've never OC'd a A64 b4. And I'll change the HTT multi from 3.5 to either auto or 4x, which 4x will bring the Htt freq to 1,000 (what do u think)?

Okay I just OC'd to 2250Mhz (core clock), changing Multi to x9, HTT- 250, HTT Multi- x4. But the voltage is red in SmartGuardian:

VCORE: 1.39V

+12V: 12.22V

DDR25V: 1.26V

VDDQ: 1.5V

VCC3: 3.32V

DDR2VTT: 2.65V

VCC5: 5.21V

VIN7: 3.1V

VIN8: 3.12V

All are red except: Vcore, +12v, vddq, and vcc5. And everything is still under 40 degrees C so seems like I should OC more once I figure out what to put for voltage.

thnx,

Mako3

A "suicide" attempt to get to 10x320 at 1.7V on stock cooling is a great way to cook your a64.. but many get higher speeds once they've gotten to know thier processors limits, voltages, and cooling requirements.

That being said, at 250x10 you should be able to get there on low volts, or with little increase. Maybe 1.3 if your stepping is good! Keeping it under 1.45 with temps in mind (under 50C LOAD cpu temp) is a safe way to play, just keep the voltage increases small!

Are you saying 1.3V for the vcore? Here's my current Voltage (Using SmartGuadian):

VCORE: 1.39V

+12V: 12.22V

DDR25V: 1.26V

VDDQ: 1.5V

VCC3: 3.32V

DDR2VTT: 2.65V

VCC5: 5.21V

VIN7: 3.1V

VIN8: 3.12V

Which all are red except: Vcore, +12v, vddq, and vcc5. And everything is still under 40 degrees C so seems like I should OC more once I figure out what to put for voltage. I don't know what any of those really mean and I don't know what to change them to.

Thnx,

Mako3

Can someone help? I just tried to get up to 2.8Ghz using these settings, HTT- 285, HTT Multi- x3, Multi- x10, which the freq is 855. I really need to know wht to set the voltage to, and I want to get to atleast 2.8Ghz.

-Mako3

Chillax. It takes time.. now I have done a bit of reseach using my own cpu's for your benefit.

My dual core gets real warm with anything more than 1.5v, preventing any testing higher than that.

My single core Venice, a 3000+, runs like a champ at 1.65V and 296HTTx9 in the right air cooling conditions. Gets bloody hot though.

For you (at 2500MHz w/ Angry's settings):

-Set your CPU voltage to 1.45 in bios, the above setting for DDR500/ CPU 2500MHZ. Your DRAM only needs 2.5V,

-All other settings on lowest (best) or second lowest (some times you need for stability) Voltage settings.

-Begin Prime95, monitor your temperatures closely.

Tip* You can run P95 and 3DMark (or anything else) at the same time

-If your LOAD temperatures on the CPU are below 50C, you're good.

-If you get an error, and your temps are still below 50C under LOAD condition;

go back to bios and slightly increase voltage, .025v at a time, and less if you can manage it.

(There is a spread sheet you can print out with these on it, or a small calculator utility you can download if you prefer.)

-If you get an error, and your temps are ABOVE 50C LOAD temp, you should consider testing a lower setting and/or lower voltages. This is where the extra cooling (water, phase, etc) comes in.

-If you are willing to really risk it, you can crank that chip up to 1.65V, but don't blame me if/when it dies.

Keep a history of your settings, tracking the Vcore you set, HTT, RAM speeds, Temperatures, and benchmark scores of all of your STABLE results, to compare and help decide whats best. Good luck to you!

IMHO, it's better to start low and increase it as I've tried to show in the previous post. If you try some random "cheat" settings they may be inappropriate to your configuration; the voltages you posted were from a sempron platform, and were undoubtably the result of a lot of testing.

2.8 Right off is usually not a good idea. Start at 2.5 like you planned, and go slowly.

When your HTT goes above 250, be sure to reduce your LDT multiplier from 3 to 2.