Boot issue - have to turn the computer on for 10mins and restart befor

I've recently started having a strange boot issue, where the computer has to be turned on for a while and then restarted before it boots up. During the time that the computer is on, all of the fans run at full speed, and no video is displayed. When the issue first started happening, I had to run the computer for significantly less time before I could restart and boot up. I'm not entirely sure how much time it needs to be on now, as I usually just turn my computer on and walk out of the room for ten minutes before restarting it.

I release that I don't have a high wattage psu, but I can't see how it wouldn't be providing enough power, because when I had 2 7800gts, I had no problems. Also, I've not experienced any instability issues in gaming.

The computer does appear to be booting into windows, as the row of 4 lights that tells me if it boots will turn off.

I have tried clearing CMOS, which did nothing for this issue.

Also, one more problem - if I try and put the computer in standby mode, the cpu temps shoot up to about 65 C after turning it back on, and the fan sounds strange. Because of this, I can't use standby, which is really annoying. This started happening after I got the 165.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is only one way to find out

id find one to borrow

or like i always do when i need to borrow something, go to best buy, buy it, use it and return it with in 30 days and Just-say-u-didnt-like-it

if the psu was the problem you have the time(30days) to buy another and wait for it to come in the mail. works like a charm

Did you get the same model? If so, I would try getting another brand or model. Might be an issue with that model. I've had similar happen to me before in the past with an Abit socket A mobo.