Sign in to follow this  
Manga

Enermax 485W and X2 3800

People, I wish to put a X2 cpu on my SLI-D mainboard. But my PSU doesn't have a 8 pins connector. Is it still possible to use a X2 cpu? Or do I need a new PSU for this? Thanx.

Right now I'm running N4D623-1 bios. Can someone tell if I need to update my bios for dual-core support?

NO upgrade of the BIOS is necessary. BIOS are kind of funny some times. The fact is a rig may run better on one particular BIOS over another.

If your OS supports more than one processor you should be fine.

You will need to clear the CMOS, then Load Optimized Defaults again in the BIOS.

You may also need to do an in place upgrade to get a new HAL or reload the OS all together. Just make sure you have everything backed up.

Reminder this the time to write down the stepping of the new CPU and apply good TIM like AS5.

If you are running XP. Then you have to applied this Dual Core fix. AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.3.1