Sign in to follow this  
Doll

New build hits a snag.

Hi, I have just spent two nights making sure I put my new system together well and have just come to power up for the first time and I am getting no display.

The board powers up fine as all fans are whirring and the new HD kicks in, but no picture on my monitor.

I am using a 17"crt as I haven't got a tft yet so am using the dvi>vga dongle. I have tried both dvi sockets and my card is in the top PCI-E slot.

On my board I can see one yellow led next to the ram slots (both sticks are in the orange slots).

I also see 4 red led's in a row at the bottom left of my board.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

Guest Retratserif

You need to clear the bios.

Here is a thread on the proper way to clear a bios.

Link

Good luck. I had that issue, then I had the 3 LEDS issue. Then I got it workign again, now I am having it again.

On the speaker jumper which is on and which is the off position ? Ok found it in the manual, sorry. Think I will leave it overnight in that position, I'm tired and frustrated.

Thanks.

Ok, I tried the bottom PCI-E slot and no dice, just get the same problem. No motherboard beeps or anything just no display on my monitor and 4 red led's in a row.

I just know this is gonna be a major pain knowing my luck.

Try reseating everything and make sure all the power plugs are in the board (all four as shown here).

If there is still no joy try taking everything down to a simple config - i.e. no drives, 1 stick of ram in an orange slot, graphics card, keyboard, mouse and thats it - see if you can get it to post like that. Sometimes memory can cause boot issues if its set to be dual-channel from the off.

...And if that doesnt work - try a different set of molexs for the drives or a different PCIe connector on the GFX card to check if one PSU rail isnt being overloaded or summit silly.

Matt

Here is a post that was written by lawboy which contains some information that may be useful for you. I have placed this here just by a chance that you might not know this information.

"Are you following the build guide here on forum:http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6615

Also Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled"

I am assuming that the only fans that you referred to that are spinning are the cpu, powersupply and the nvidia nforce chip fan. So this means that you have your motherboard sitting on top of a box or a safe platform and not in your computer case yet. If this is so then very good.

First I would try to reinstall the cpu. Take it out and make sure there are no broken pins. If not, reinstall it very carefully.

Upon this do another clear CMOS, a few minutes should do fine. Also you have stated something in regards to speakers and I am not sure why. But anyways in case you don't already know the speaker settings dose not equal to CMOS.

After the reinstall of CPU and clear CMOS reconnect the power cord to the power supply and press that little black power button on the motherboard.

Upon this post back with the results.

I installed the components outside the case on the foam the board came on. Then I installed it into the case. I think this afternoon I am going to start like you said going down to basics.

The cpu fitted like a dream, but will check it. Hope it's not broken.