WTB - Broken Opteron, yes, broken. (Or any broken San Diego core CPU)

Urok

Do any of you have an opteron which have died on you and are planning to make into a keychain? Well you might be able to make a few bucks. I have a naked Opteron 146 CABYE 0540FPMW. Perfect pins, perfect core, but upon putting on the heatsink, I crushed the corners of 2 of those small chips around the core.

This is a long shot and maybe wishful thinking, but if I can get 'replacement' chips, I can maybe solder some new ones back on and have a functioning CPU again! It's worth a shot since, like I said, pins and core are absolutely perfect.

Any offers?

Do any of you have an opteron which have died on you and are planning to make into a keychain? Well you might be able to make a few bucks. I have a naked Opteron 146 CABYE 0540FPMW. Perfect pins, perfect core, but upon putting on the heatsink, I crushed the corners of 2 of those small chips around the core.

This is a long shot and maybe wishful thinking, but if I can get 'replacement' chips, I can maybe solder some new ones back on and have a functioning CPU again! It's worth a shot since, like I said, pins and core are absolutely perfect.

Any offers?

odd...ive busted some of these off on my 4400+ and on a 3200+ Winchester and both chips work perfectly....overclocked even...

I noticed that the corner of the core had a small chip in it too. I had 2 althlon XPs though and I chiped the core corners all the time, worse than what I have here, and they never worked any worse.

HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY ****

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I chipped off the broken resistor array and put some pads around the edges of the CPU. Blew air into the socket and plonked it back in, and it actually POWERS UP! Single POST beep and all! I'm going to start hooking stuff up now!