Vantec 4ac Does Not Work With The Radeon 8500's

Guest FxXP

Gotta love it when you want to buy an excellent GPU cooler and it won't work with the @#$^@$! video card. I had to resort to an older TT Blue Orb just to get a working cooler going again for my 8500LE after the stock one was showing signs of fatigue.

The 4AC will mount perfectly on the card however the diameter of the cooler is too large. What will happen is the cooler and the AGP slot will collide and will not allow the AGP card to be inserted.

At this time, Vantec removed the 8500 from its 4AC page. The problem still remains is that any Joe Schmoe can buy a 4AC and it will state that it works with the 8500's on the box.

Bummer to Vantec, maybe they should test their products first before they market. :bah:

Yeah I will eventually do it, once I get a Dremel. However by then I could be running a better video card. :P

Hey the same thing happened to me. I bought the crap 4AC for my 8500LELE and now I've got $30 ramsinks on my video card and no way to use the nice little gpu fan. Won't even fit on the NB on my motherboard..a crap capacitor is in the way :blink:

btw..nice overclock on ur 8500 FxXP :D

You don't seem to be doing too bad on that LELE yourself. I have tried to get higher on the clocks, but the card just starts distorting in 2D. The blueorb works well for what it is and I can't complain. B)

Remember that I have an LE that is clocked at 250/250 stock.