Help me to get more 10Mhz FSB!

dfinf2lpaxpm2600corsairvs240fs.th.jpg

I'm currently 100% stable @ 240MHz, but 250MHz will give me BSOD's... and sp2004 will run for about 10 seconds before halting... lol

what could i do?

hope this screenshot helps something...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darien

LOL... maybe if the screen shot wasn't in portuguess heheh..

First.. I need sig that I can read

second we need to be able to see your bios settings.

Ok.. updated my sig.. any info missing?

Thx for your time!

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, my CPU Interface is set to Agressive

Edit2: Well now it think i've got a well detailed sig.. lol

Edit3: I can't touch the Alpha Timings....if I set them to anything not-auto, it'll corrupt my bios, no matter waht I set...

Guest Darien

push your core to up... don't be afraid to go up to 1.825v in need be... you shouldn't need that much.. but that's safe and then you can r/o vcore... also bump your chipset to 1.9v... lastly you CAN give your TCCD 2.9v, but NOT more than that... and make sure the actual volts aren't more than 2.9v to the TCCD... if you set 2.9v in the bios it may give close to 3.0v actual, which is too much... make sure there is a fan on your RAM too.

lastly, change only one thing at a time to see if it was only 1 thing that needed changing, then try them in combonation...

good luck

Well... pushed te core all the way up to 1.95v, but that didn't solve the problem.. i think the cpu is out of question... i can't get my Vdimm nayhigher than 2.8v, as I am runing a Rev.A board... well.. i could Vmod her as a last alternative...

So i have to test now with 1.9v Vdd... stay tunned ;-)

Guest Darien

Hmmm.. I don't know how well the Rev. A's scale with thier memory controller....

but understand the limiting factor is always the memory controller on an NF2 board.... which is in the North Bridge... you can always drop the multi, so that will rule out the cpu, TCCD can usually hit close to 300 or more... so that's not it... barring most other obvious things, that makes the NB the limiting factor...

point being, your motherboards NB may just simply be maxed out there, you may have hit a wall.... the only way to beat that and try to squeeze the last few MHz out of it is by upping the volts to the NB, and improving the cooling to it...

so do 1.9vdd, that may help, but if not, I would recommend the NB volt mod, along with lapping the NB (read my guide on how to do it) and put a really good cooler on the NB after lapping it... I recommend the Thermalright NB-1 with a fan..

short of that, you may just have to live with 240... I tried for almost a year to take my Abit AN7 from 244 to 250.... and in the end failed, I poured blood, sweat, heart and soul into that board... and never got 250... why? that particular board simply wouldn't do it... sometimes you get a dud....

that said, I think if you follow the recommendations I outlined you may well get 250

good luck

ok.. raising my vdd to 1.9v didn't gave me a single mhz... it makes me think my board didn't like my memory... because these modules are able to run 300mhz 2.5-3-3-6...under nf4, obviously..

dropped the multi all the way down to 5x... nothing happens.. i think i've hit a hard brick wall here...

edit:

Something i just noticed now.. if leave my vdd @ 1.7 or 1.8v, prime will hang within 10 seconds... but if i keep it @ 1.9v i will fail a bit further.. about 3 or 5 minutes... could a higher vdd be my solution... if so i'll need some vmod.... to get like 2.0v or even 2.1v to my NB...

edit 2:

just wondering.. would HellFire's 3EG Rev.2 or TicTac's 6/19 XT help me to get some MHz? Have you tried those before, Darien?

Guest Darien
ok.. raising my vdd to 1.9v didn't gave me a single mhz... it makes me think my board didn't like my memory... because these modules are able to run 300mhz 2.5-3-3-6...under nf4, obviously..

dropped the multi all the way down to 5x... nothing happens.. i think i've hit a hard brick wall here...

edit:

Something i just noticed now.. if leave my vdd @ 1.7 or 1.8v, prime will hang within 10 seconds... but if i keep it @ 1.9v i will fail a bit further.. about 3 or 5 minutes... could a higher vdd be my solution... if so i'll need some vmod.... to get like 2.0v or even 2.1v to my NB...

edit 2:

just wondering.. would HellFire's 3EG Rev.2 or TicTac's 6/19 XT help me to get some MHz? Have you tried those before, Darien?

I've tried them before, I wasn't overly impressed... but they are good BIOS's.... they may be better suited for your setup than mine... Hellfire r3 usually does very good with TCCD memory.. but give the others a try...

but again, your memory is NOT holding you back, your cpu is NOT holding you back, so it must be your NB / motherboard.... the only chance you have to overcome that is more volts to the NB.... and possibly a BIOS that better matches your system...

actually, wait... you DID make sure your cpu can do 2500MHz correct? set your FSB to 200 with a 12.5 multi... as long as it can do that you know your chip is capable of hitting 250 x 10... then with TCCD it's just a matter of how far you can push your NB...

That being the case, like I said earlier you really should review my guide on NB and SB cooling... check this out.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808

good luck

Well.. i haven't tried runing SC yet.. i'll do this as soons as i get home!

Thank you guys Darien and king_of_nothing for your help!

Here's a list of the BIOS i'll try:

- Helfire's TT

- Helfire's 3EG Rev.2

- AnandTech's Performance BIOS (but i'm sure it won't be any stable)

- TicTac's 6/19 XT

- TicTac's 3dfire

Any other suggestions?

Thx

edit:

I'll also try 240x10.5.. that's enough for a toaster... and 250x8 too, so I can get the CPU out of question... again... and that will be enough for a toaster also.. but i'm hunting 25xMHz x10.... and maybe some of those BIOS can work better...

As Darien said, the mobo/nb is what is holding me... so there are 2 ways to work around this, and i'll try them in the following order:

- BIOS

- Vdd, Vio, Vagp, Vsb or even CAP Mod

edit2:

Yep, this cpu is very weak, but is stable up to 2.620MHz...

Guest Darien
As Darien said, the mobo/nb is what is holding me... so there are 2 ways to work around this, and i'll try them in the following order:

- BIOS

- Vdd, Vio, Vagp, Vsb or even CAP Mod

whoa! you go boy! lol...

actually I wouldn't get too excited... If I were you I would just simply do the Vdd... the others aren't needed... the Vdd is rather simple.... a little difficult to be honest, you need good soldering skills and a steady hand... but the mod itself is very simple and straight forward...

and again, you only need the Vdd, Oh also since there is no voltage sensor for the NB, you may also want to solder a test wire to the Vdd check point, so that once you do the mod and put it all back together you can easily test the NB voltage with a DMM.

good luck

Well... i'm wondering why both tRCD and tRP are not good at 2 above 215MHz... there's no logic on that! anyways...

Maybe the alpha's are still the way to go under nfII... but anything that I set on bios will corrupt'em! why is that happening?

edit:

I'll get both my vRegs and RAM activelly cooled.. that could improve some stabilitym right?

Also... would raising my vAGP help anything at all?

Thx!