Sign in to follow this  
hairyonion

cant boot up or get to the bios

Oh yeah, make sure you get a recommended PSU... it's not that the PSUs are fautly... they just don't work well with DFI boards, cos they require a lot of juice, and not much variation in the 12V and 5V rails

i have taken it to a shop for them to do a diognostic on it. i just hope they are as good as you guys. thanks gil_grissom and every1 else for all your help. when i fix it i will let you know.

got it back form the shop

they said that when they used a diff gfx card they could get to the bios so thats ok

and they tested the gfx and that worked.

are the board and gfx compatable?

DFI LanParty UT nF4-DR Expert SOCKET 939 SLi / DUAL CH DDR

Powercolor Radeon X1900XTX 512M DD3

i might buy a new board since i read there problems with the sound card ive got as well.

im still not sure what my best option is since im already skint untill im paid on the 18th i dont want to buy anything else that doesnt work. and i think another board might be my safest bet.

If the bios settings are default and the board and gfx card work independently, then that is a bit odd. I can't think of what to do except send one back to the place you bought it, claiming hardware compatability issues, and get a different model.

Sorry if there is a way to sort it out without replacing a component, but I can't think of anything. Of course someone may come and leave a nice helpful message on here, so wait til the end of the day at least before you do go and buy another board.

I think you can use an agp card just to check if your system boots ok.

Hopefully sombody in the forum will correct me if I'm wrong.

just got off the ohone from overclockers the ppl that supllied me with the psu and they said they will give me a refund :D, i wasn't expecting.

so i have just bought the Enermax Noisetaker 600W EG701AX-VE(W) SFMA ATX2.0 SLI Compliant PSU that is recomended here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ht=power+supply

hopefully i will be up and running for tomorrow.

thanks for your help

ENERMAX Noisetaker II EG701AX VE(W) SFMA ATX12V Ver 2.2 600W Power Supply 100-240VAC, Automatic Switching Power Supply - Retail

Model #: EG701AX VE(W) SFMA

That is the new version of the power supply you seem to be getting below. Notice the changed ATX spec and the Noisetaker ll in the name. That power supply the newer one I show by name above is giving the same problems as the Liberty series.

RGone...

just got off the ohone from overclockers the ppl that supllied me with the psu and they said they will give me a refund :D, i wasn't expecting.

so i have just bought the Enermax Noisetaker 600W EG701AX-VE(W) SFMA ATX2.0 SLI Compliant PSU that is recomended here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ht=power+supply

hopefully i will be up and running for tomorrow.

thanks for your help

Guest Retratserif

Yep, I couldnt boot with it. RMA'ed lost alot of money doing it too.

ive installed the psu even tho its v2.0 but the board has powered up, so far i only loaded xp up in safe mode since i have nt reinstalled yet and its configered for the old sys i had. but it seems to be fine. but i gotta install xp properly and then do some testing. i will keep u posted. cross ya fingers for me.

what type of probs should i look for?