cant boot up or get to the bios

Hi guys

ive posted this before but te thread was deleted for some reason and i didn't get the chance to see any of the replys. sorry if u replied t that 1

At the moment the only things in my mobo are

the gfx card, cpu and the ram

i press the power button and it seems as if power is supplied to the moby for 1/4 of a sec then ti turns off, all that happens is the case fans and the gfx card fan spins a few times. I cant even get a display or see any thing at all on the moniitor.

The 4 leds light blinkup the instant i press the button then all are off since the mobo has turned itself off again.

if i take the gfx card out the cpu and mobo chi fan will work but only if i do this. and the mobo will stay powered up. the standbuy led is is working but thats about it. ive spent 1.2k on the stuff in my sig just to get that led on, im really worried about what is happening here.

i reckon its the gfx card or the psu but i am not sure, does any1 know if my parts are compatable?

please help

i can post pics if that will help.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so with the graphics card in, the board turns itself off straight away.... with the card out the board finds the processor and ram ok.... do you have another graphics card you can try out to see if system will boot?

thing isi dont have another psu or gfx to try. old system was agp and the old psu is 320 watt it doesnt come with all the right connectors. im thinking i might have to take this some where for some body with the right equipment. i havent any mates local with a pc at my level.

I didn't have another psu to try either.... but bought a new one anyway because I didn't want to risk damaging my hardware..... If it is the psu and you get a new recommended one then wahoo.... but if it isn't the psu at least you have one that is stable and won't damage your RAM or drives over time.

Oh, if you do decide to get a new PSU, and this doesn't solve the problem then you should RMA the mobo... I had to RMA the mobo after exhausting a lot of other options... lol.... was quite frustrating but the new one worked fine :)

ok i guess it the best option to buy the psu, and maybe buy 1 stick of cheap ram just in case. at least i will know what the problem is if i try that.

thanks for your help. i should be able to get this within 3 hours ill be back then.