60*c

Yeah, AS3. And I use MBM5 to measure. Right now, 51* diode, 42* socket, and 30* case. I think they may be right.

I played with fans in different positions to see what got me better results, which is how the hanger mounted fan "solution" came into play. That bought me about 2 degrees. The heatsink is on correctly, and I didn't use much AS3... maybe I should remount it and see though?

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

[edit: what kind of hsf are you using? My Zalman is good, but it runs quiet and slow. like 2350 RPM when it's maxed out--which of course it is. I really like the fan (it just looks soooo cool, and its freakin imense!), but it may be the weak link in my set up? ]

As3 should be so thin that it is almost transparent on both the HSF and Diode. You will also need 150-200 hrs burn in time for the silver to settle. Also-did you rub in the AS3 into the HSF and rub off the access- according to the Arctic Silver website?

Let us know in about a month to see what your temps are. If your probe is off- Try flashing your bios to the latest version- It could be a monitor problem.