Sign in to follow this  
Urok

Opteron 146 CABYE 0540FPMW R.I.P.

To be fair, you might be able to get tose eplaced somewhere - probably have to be a pretty nice electronics shop though.

I tore one off a 165 the other day, tried using it anyways and it works great...so I'm not sure what they're there for. Primes at 322 x 9 just fine.

Beats me dude, tough luck though.

To be fair, you might be able to get tose eplaced somewhere - probably have to be a pretty nice electronics shop though.

I tore one off a 165 the other day, tried using it anyways and it works great...so I'm not sure what they're there for. Primes at 322 x 9 just fine.

Beats me dude, tough luck though.

that great man!!!1 and you thought it was dead.... :nod:

nice lil chipie btw

Well, at least your nifty Opteron keychain was a little cheaper than my Opteron 170 keychain :eek2: I both broke one of the SMD resistors AND chipped the edge of the core by getting in a hurry remounting my waterblock. Sometimes if the the little component resistors are broken you can simply remove them and the chip will work fine, lots of people have done it.

Well, at least your nifty Opteron keychain was a little cheaper than my Opteron 170 keychain :eek2: I both broke one of the SMD resistors AND chipped the edge of the core by getting in a hurry remounting my waterblock. Sometimes if the the little component resistors are broken you can simply remove them and the chip will work fine, lots of people have done it.

I will try that :)

AMAZING!!!!!!!

I ripped off the 2 crushed chips using a razor, and plonked the naked cpu in. It works perfectly, although its a few C hotter, either because of poor contact because of some pads I'm using on the corners (Makeshift shim) or different amounts of power going through the core because of the missing chips. In any case, my CABYE is still alive!

Guest Synchronize

wow! taking of the chipped resistors brung it back to life? what are those things for anyway?

No idea. I'm curious too. BTW, no change in temperature. If anything, its hotter. Same idle temp, about 30C, but load temp has increased from 40 to about 44. ???