TT Big Typhoon setup

I have mine already in, but im asking other people who have the same HS. When you put on the backplate that came wiht the Typhoon, did you put on the sponge, the mylar, then the metal hclip? Or did u just put on the metal h-clip on the back of the mobo? Im using the dfi plastic backplate because it wouldnt boot with the metal h-clip on, and with a little hacksaw mod, I got it up and running.

So question is: Do you ahve the metal h-clip on the back of the mobo, or the sponge, mylar, and then the h-clip?

If you don't put the sponge or mylar between the mobo and meatal bracket you can/will short the board out, possibly causing damage to the board. Those are "insulators" for just that reason. :tooth: That's also why it souldn't boot with just the metal bracket... :shake:

If you don't put the sponge or mylar between the mobo and meatal bracket you can/will short the board out, possibly causing damage to the board. Those are "insulators" for just that reason. :tooth: That's also why it souldn't boot with just the metal bracket... :shake:

Exactly and i figured this out when this happened awhile ago, but why doesnt it metniton it in the directions?

In the directions for the Big Typhoon that I just installed the directions quite plainly state in red letters to not remove the back plate. Of course I was too lazy to pull out my original stock back plate so I just used the one from my Zalman 7000Cu.

Out of curiosity, did ppl put the HS on while the mobo was in the case or out? I put it on while it was in the case with quite some difficulty and plan to take the mobo out and reseat it. (You need to have tiny hands, which I don't, and still be a contortionist to be able to screw it down in a Antec SuperLanboy.

Jim

paper?
the sponge has stickit on both sides if it stay on the board for a day you will not get it off so leave the paper stuck to the sponge

the sponge has stickit on both sides if it stay on the board for a day you will not get it off so leave the paper stuck to the sponge

Isnt that a hazard? The paper would get hot.