Overclocking guide

Maybe i'm making myself an butt...in the section where you try to find your max mhz for cpu there's no mention about raising the voltage when trying to find the max clock for cpu. Sorry...i'm a noob and from Finland :shake: .

I read it myself, and I believe it does say something like:

"...if your PC fails to boot Windows, try increasing the vcore by steps of .025V, this should help get things stable..."

I'm not sure though, so don't take me on my word... :angel: :D

Take Care!

Rik

I use superpi and clockgen to find best cpu vcore. If you get a "not exact in round", the RAM timings are too tight, or RAM is clocked too high. If you get a "not convergent in square" error, it's vcore. I have considered this as gospel truth and it has helped me find good max clocks/reasonable volts on 3 different 90nm chips. Just cause you know what the RAM will do on 1 chip doesn't mean it will respond the same on another either.

DO NOT USE SOFTWARE TO OC

It may corrupt your BIOS and then you're screwed.

Your BIOS is your best friend, use it.

Whenever you can't pass superpi 1M, up your vcore.

DO NOT USE SOFTWARE TO OC

It may corrupt your BIOS and then you're screwed.

Your BIOS is your best friend, use it.

Whenever you can't pass superpi 1M, up your vcore.

I completely dissagree with you, but then what do I know my computer sucks. Clockgen and other software o/c tools are IMO great gifts that I wish I had when I was overclocking 6 years ago.

the whole point of a dfi is the multitude of setting that you can use to get the best stable overclock clock gen is only useful for finding out what it "can"do but using the bios is far supierior and far more challanging and gets you even better results

I completely dissagree with you, but then what do I know my computer sucks. Clockgen and other software o/c tools are IMO great gifts that I wish I had when I was overclocking 6 years ago.

True, but really, you have your BIOS which allows you a risk free way to overclock, so you can overclock and test your ram without using windows, so that you won't corrupt any files, and you can control your cpu exactly.