New RAM, problems OC'ing again

With the old tacky RAM I was using (2x512mb PC3200) I OC'd my Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz (260x9) with a DRAM freq ratio of 133.

However, I have just bought this new OCZ gold dual channel 2x1gb PC3200 kit (catches breath)

I went back to optimal settings and it was fine, but almost always when I tried to OC again, it would get to the part where it would normally say Backup CMOS .... OK but didn't display that, just the rest of it text above it, and then reboot.

What I'd have to do was turn off the PSU, unplug it for a few seconds, then boot it back up and now it's fine.

I'm a bit of a noob at all this OC'ing business, but have got my Opteron to 2.7 and it seems pretty stable.

However, I only touch a few things, I put that one multiplier to 3x (was told to), put the core multiplier to 9x (high as it goes), set the CPU vid control voltage to 1.525v, put the LDT voltage to 1.3v and set the DRAM voltage to 2.9v

HTT is set at 300 but I dunno what to set my DRAM freq ratio at !?

It's currently on 140 and it seems to like booting from that, but if I open CPU-Z, ion the memory tab, Frequency and FSB : DRAM are blanked out! :confused:

Can someone advise me on what I should stick my DRAM freq ratio too? It's the only thing I've touched in the DRAM genie bios settings.

Any feedback would be appreciated, THANKS! ;)

3200 probably won't overclock too high...I could get my Gskill 3200 to about 217. With a 300fsb you need to run your divider at 133 probably, that should put your mem right at about 200mhz (stock speed)

My PC doesn't want to boot on any DRAM Freq Ratio lower than 140mhz ! :confused:

at the moment I'm on 295x9 (2.65ghz) and DRAM Freq Ratio is set to 150mhz and it now displays in CPU-Z that I have RAM Frequency of 221.1mhz and FSB : DRAM of CPU/12 (though I have no idea what that means).

Is this all ok?! :confused:

My PC doesn't want to boot on any DRAM Freq Ratio lower than 140mhz ! :confused:

at the moment I'm on 295x9 (2.65ghz) and DRAM Freq Ratio is set to 150mhz and it now displays in CPU-Z that I have RAM Frequency of 221.1mhz and FSB : DRAM of CPU/12 (though I have no idea what that means).

Is this all ok?! :confused:

your ok..sometimes cpu-z quirks out and blanks the needed info...

you really should find the max of your ram as outlined in the oc'ing guide