Sign in to follow this  
Espm1000

Accelero X2 and X1900XT help please?

I may be regretting the order of my X2, I haven't put it on yet though. I have the DFI Ultra-D nForce 4 motherboard and I found out the chipset sits DIRECTLY under the exhaust for the X2. I'm worried about the heat that the X1900 produces being blown onto the northbridge and my overall case temps in the lian-li v1000. Should I stick with the stock cooler (I can tolerate the noise) or go ahead and put the Accelero on? The cpu has the Zalman CNPS7000 so I'm not to worried about that. ANY input would be valuble. Thank you, also, if wevvspot views this thread please post since I know you have the same setup videowise. Thanks!

The X2 actually exhausts the air towards the motherboard, chipset and the power regulators on the X1000 cards. It doesn't go out the case unless you have a better setup installed (like a HIGH SPEED 120mm intake fan in the front). I have the X2 installed on my X1900, but i've also bought the EverClear VC-RE but was expecting the temperature to drop to around 25c idle on the Chipset but it's still around the same place. Either i didn't make a good connection or the fan off the X2 is just blowing air right into the chipset fan (the second one i'm sure....). :)

I got it worked out, I have a blower that pulls air in and blows it over the pci slots and the Vantec Spectrum fan card now. I also put an exhaust fan on the side near the chipset. So far I have 1 120 intake fan, 120 mm blower fan, 2 70 mm pci fans, 2 120 mm exhaust fans.

With card under load me chipset becomes about 5 deg hotter with X2 compared to stock hsf on X1800XT. As soon as i raise volts X2 cannot keep up with the stock cooler, at stock X2 cools a little better though and less noise obviously.

With card under load me chipset becomes about 5 deg hotter with X2 compared to stock hsf on X1800XT. As soon as i raise volts X2 cannot keep up with the stock cooler, at stock X2 cools a little better though and less noise obviously.

What paste did you use? never in my experience has it ever got hotter than stock, although some times it has only droped by 5c @ idle but always did great when work, and like you said its a lot quieter!

I use the Arctic Silver 5 for the core and just the regular ram sinks that came with the X2. You guys need to have A VERY GOOD ventilation in your system because my chipset is still around 32c IDLE without the X1900XTX installed since i'm testing an XFX 7900GT, what gives, i'm sure i installed it correctly touches the chipset core i'm sure. hmm....

Angry any updates Boss?