Resume from stand-by at 193 MHz FSB

I am only going to say it one time and then you can all run off on your opposite directions.

Warranty does not cover overclocking. Run the board at the stock speed for the processor and memory which is 200FSB and the board works fine in resuming at stock speeds. Simple.

RGone...:confused:

Not good enough, a board needs to perform as advertized. If it supports EnergyStar and S1 & S3 modes. these need to work properly. And currently they are not.

Not on w2k, not on XP and not on Vista, or linux

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you need to contact DFI in the Netherlands and see how they may assist you. Because over a year ago when this was all hashed out for a month or so...most found that at stock the board would sleep for most people...and I don't use sleep but hibernate since I don't trust ram for suspension and at stock my board hibernated every time and came back.

RGone...:confused:

That's not my experience RGone, even at stock speeds, DFI boards cannot properly wake up from S1 or S3 and freeze in any OS after waking up.

Whats up Rgone? Even with stock settings coming out of standby you end up with a 193fsb how is that correct, so should that be under warrenty???? That is with the 0406 bios, the other bios' have voltage and temp issues but we have gone over that enough that you know about that. But siince the 0406 bios fixed the temp issues it has left a another problem with the fsb being so low.

Tasr/dr.bowtie: As for your replys....100% B.S. It was a matter of time before I heard a comment like "don't use standby" just say nothing its better. The comment you two made is a freaking cop out for DFI fanboyism, therefore have just blocked both of you from having to read anymore BS from you two.....and I can care a less how many posts you have or how long you have been here. And also standby has always worked just fine for me and it does with this mobo also(except for the lowered fsb) so maybe your rigs aren't stable....hummmmm might wanna check that out boys.

Whats up Rgone? Even with stock settings coming out of standby you end up with a 193fsb how is that correct, so should that be under warrenty???? That is with the 0406 bios, the other bios' have voltage and temp issues but we have gone over that enough that you know about that. But siince the 0406 bios fixed the temp issues it has left a another problem with the fsb being so low.

Tasr/dr.bowtie: As for your replys....100% B.S. It was a matter of time before I heard a comment like "don't use standby" just say nothing its better. The comment you two made is a freaking cop out for DFI fanboyism, therefore have just blocked both of you from having to read anymore BS from you two.....and I can care a less how many posts you have or how long you have been here. And also standby has always worked just fine for me and it does with this mobo also(except for the lowered fsb) so maybe your rigs aren't stable....hummmmm might wanna check that out boys.

What he said. :nod:

Tasr/dr.bowtie: As for your replys....100% B.S. It was a matter of time before I heard a comment like "don't use standby" just say nothing its better. The comment you two made is a freaking cop out for DFI fanboyism, therefore have just blocked both of you from having to read anymore BS from you two.....and I can care a less how many posts you have or how long you have been here.

No BS and it’s no copout. If my posts are not correct, the Admin and Mods will say something. In my opinion you’re trying to stir something up. What? I have no idea. Perhaps you can dump the negativism and respond in a more helpful way. If you do not agree that is one thing, but to say my posts is BS you’re out of line.

6. Harassment/Flaming - Harassing or flaming of users, moderators or admins will not be tolerated. Period. This is a community. Users helping other users with their knowledge and experience is the point of this forum.

And also standby has always worked just fine for me and it does with this mobo also(except for the lowered fsb) so maybe your rigs aren't stable....hummmmm might wanna check that out boys.

Do not use the Standby or hibernation it can be problematic when trying to restore clock settings.
That is fantastic its working for yourself. Read my post “it can be”.

Look in the SSDB and OCDB my proof of my stability is there.

you know...

As for stability.... the only overclocked rig is my SLI-DR 148 Opty rig...and even I am smart enough to know you dont use things like Q&Q and Sleep and Hibernate on a overclocked rig without consequences...

The other rigs are ALL STOCK and 100% stable...as is my Opty rig...

If you search this forum you see that there are issues with certain things...and if you bothered to even use the search you wouldnt have had to post this question as have others before you....

I am sure if you do a google search you will see other boards and even prebuilts have these issues from time to time...to say others dont have the issue is just plain ignorant...

and as a matter of fact.... my NF3-250 will sleep and hibernate in Vista but will not in XP...so thats a bios problem...? I think not...;)

you know..

If you say stanby works for you so be it...appearently it doesnt...as you say it always comes out at 193mhz...kinda a double negative there bud...

I'm glad you made the choice to edit that above comment. Its the whole reason for this thread to be started...hello!! Yes standby does work for me and it would work alot better for alot of us if DFI would fix the problem. I'm just not understanding how your helping here, if you don't have a solution then your just part of the problem.... I'm glad your smart enough not to overclock and use standby or whatever BUT I'm not overclocking ANYTHING.

I have 3-4 computers here that come in and out of standby with the same settings they went into standby with.

Maybe its just to much for anyone to ask for, to have standby work when it says it can. I'm done talking about this, I'm just here for the same reason that everyone else is that made and have replyed to this thread that HAS the problem.

Hey, guys, heres one for ya to ponder.

We are always quick to blame the hardware, could it be good old Windows that is the problem? I once read that approximately 85% of computer problems is caused by the OS or other software.

Another thing for you to consider. OC'ing is not something that M$ takes into consideration when they develop their OS. In fact, I have read where we don't even rate in most markets; OC'ers that is. There simply aren't enough of us to matter. It is difficult enough for them to try to make XP/Vista compatible with all of the different manufacturer's components. Do you think for a minute that M$ gives a care if we can't put our OC'ed computers into "Standby"!

I DON'T think that is even on their minds! What do you think?:rolleyes:

if stanby Does work for you than whats your problem?....

And thread crapping as you did isnt very nice... and since this matter i will personnally test my SLI-D® rig with stand-by, sleep and hibernation...

as I said...the NF3 rig does work flawless with stand-by, sleep and hibernation in Vista but does NOT work in XPpro...tells me could be a OS conflict....

now I just tested stand-by on my ESC/754 and it works on XP home.... it powers Everything fully off on stand-by....nothing is on...when I hit the power button it goes right to the desktop...

If stand-by or what ever works at stock settings then that all DFI or any other manufacturer has to do... anything over that is all on you...(the end user)

I am not inclined to think the problem is DFI related more the OS being able to clearly work with the bios as it's intended...

I believe that because stand-by doesnt work in xp pro on the NF3 rig but does work in Vista just fine.... and both versions are on a dual boot...;)

Hey dr. bowtie, you are correct! Me bad.

It was getting a bit out of hand. It was beginning to sound like too many other sites that I have visited. Since H_G doesn't come in often to kick butts, I thought that I would give everyone someone else to P--s on. It worked.

I wasn't hi-jacking the thread. I was giving everyone food for thought.

I don't use "Standby" because I read that it doesn't work and left it at that. However, with that said, my son-in-law did put my rig into "Standby" the other night and it did recover. It didn't change my OC either.

I am going to test my rig again just to see what will happen. I will report back.

Update: Well, I put my rig into "Standby" and it didn't shut everything off. The lights on the front of my case were still on. When I brought it out of "Standby", which I couldn't do with my USB keyboard, my Internet connection wouldn't work. I had to restart. It did not change my OC, however. This sounds more like a software problem than a hardware problem to me.

Hey dr. bowtie, you are correct! Me bad.

It was getting a bit out of hand. It was beginning to sound like too many other sites that I have visited. Since H_G doesn't come in often to kick butts, I thought that I would give everyone someone else to P--s on. It worked.

I wasn't hi-jacking the thread. I was giving everyone food for thought.

I don't use "Standby" because I read that it doesn't work and left it at that. However, with that said, my son-in-law did put my rig into "Standby" the other night and it did recover. It didn't change my OC either.

I am going to test my rig again just to see what will happen. I will report back.

Update: Well, I put my rig into "Standby" and it didn't shut everything off. The lights on the front of my case were still on. When I brought it out of "Standby", which I couldn't do with my USB keyboard, my Internet connection wouldn't work. I had to restart. It did not change my OC, however. This sounds more like a software problem than a hardware problem to me.

Sorry man....I wasnt refering to you....I was refering to the other quote in my post....you are right on par...and on my line of thinking or I on yours...

now for the test results.... all rigs DFI or not seem to work in stand-by for a certain amount of time.... all rigs went in and came out fine....

Now I left them all in stand-by over night...ESC, Biostar and NF3...after 8 hours...NONE of them would come out without a power down and reset....not a one of them...Not even the Vista rig...

So AS I State...it's not just DFI...It's all of them... and they are all at stock settings from a cleared cmos state....;)