Sign in to follow this  
romanos

Noob? Yes. Help? Yes.

Hi guys.. One of the new members of dfi LP-UTnf3 and i really need some help on starting my overclocking in this macine. I've followed this guide http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 But still not exactly sure if i'm doing the right thing. So here's a screen from my bios and these are the lowest settings i can set it in, i think.. As a result i'm getting just a 800mhz running when i'm booting in windows... which values do i have to increase except the fsb a little bit more? There's a reference in the manual to put the cpu/fsb ratio in default and not auto but how i'm i supposed to know what's the default? I just made that part out of my mind and putted in the lowest value... Anyways, here's the screen and some help would be really really appreciated..

http://www.romanos-artist.com/files/downloads/DSC04530.gif

Depending on which 3400+ You have default will be either 12, 11 or 10. 12 would be a newcastle core with 512KB Level 2 cache, 11 would be a clawhammer core with 1MB of Level 2 cache. Set it to 12 and then open up CPUZ and see if it reads 2.4Ghz, then it would be a newcastle core, if it reads 2.2 it is a clawhammer core and default would be 11

Just al little Checklist of what i had to do, to get so far:

- Turn your cpu temp control to shut down at 60c

- DO NOT USE SATA 1+2 (Cant get over 230MHz)

- raised V-Chip set to 1,7V I have to use 1.9

- LDT-Multi down to 3x, anything above 315 FSB 2.5

- Try disabled Command per clock, so RAM running at -2T) Tlll you get stable

- raised AGP-clock to 67 MHz (seems to be unlocked at 66MHz, sometime 68MHz, too)

- V-AGP raised to 1,6V

- V-Dimm raised to

- disaled AGP Fast Write (isn't supported by any modern Video-Card anyway)

- disable Cool'n'Quiet

- disable Thermal Throttling

How can i get v-chip up to 1,7v? it just goes up to 5.5 but theres another option called special above it... But it just has some different values which i can't really understand.. I'm stucked at 215 fsb. Anything above that makes system not boot to windows.. Is that related to v-chip? I also got to mention that my rams are really crap..

Vcore @ 1.85 ?!?.....way to high, you're gonna burn something up.

Reading this thread through again I think you misunderstood "V-chip to 1.7".....he means chipset voltage not V-core.

How can i get v-chip up to 1,7v? it just goes up to 5.5 but theres another option called special above it... But it just has some different values which i can't really understand..

your pic of the bios says your running vcore at 1.550 . how do you think your at 1.8? vcore should not need to be more then 1.6 . Vchip=chip set voltage control. now whats you memory settings look like

You're right smolt.. but that picture is from last night :P I've changed it and get it up to 1.7

right now and fsb is set to 226. My current idle temp is 37celcius and i think that this is too much for idle.. I really don't wont to tweak the memory cause it seems to be really crap.. so i haven't done much on that one. U think i should? Thanks for all the patience guys , i'm overclocking for first time :) btw, i had some problems on my usb soundcard and now after increasing the vcore there's no problems at all.. It used to had some corruption during playback but now it works smoothly...

is there any case that because of my sounfcard is kinda proffesional it needs all the power it can get from the cpu?