iso?

braineac7542

wat exactly is iso files?? it seems that if I select some files and make it into iso format it just becomes one image. is there any way to undo the process and make iso into regular file format?

ISO is as you say an image. If the process is executed correctly you'll get an exact copy of a CD or DVD. This kind of file can just be read by a virtual CD/DVD player.

To "undo" the process you simply open it up with a virtual player like "Daemon Tools" and you'll see the files and if you so wish you can now copy these files and save them according to their respective file properties.

ISO is simply a virtually "burned" CD/DVD.

In some cases a game may refuse to run just because you have an app like Daemon Tools installed, this is called blacklisting. This can happen not only to a new game, but also after patching/updateing a pre-existing game. Unless you specifically need their features, don't install D-tools or Alcohol 120%.

Easier than mounting the image on a virtual drive than removing a file(s), is to just use an archive program that supports the .iso format. After all a disc image is just an archive with cd/dvd info/structure included. AlZip(link) is a free archive app and its damn good. You can just double click the image file (.iso, .bin, etc) and extract any or all the files you want via AlZip.

http://www.download.com/ALZip/3000-2250_4-...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Ugly

It's a good option, but it still has some bugs, actually more than I expected from such a program. Extracting files within an ISO-file gets the program to crash very often. It probably get fixed some day.

About Daemon-Tool: you might be right. I don't have it running, just when I need it. I understand that many use it for illegal purposes, which is a pity since the idea and the functionality of the program is very good.

I haven't experienced the problem you refer to, but I'm not a gamer anyway, so I'm not the owner of a whole pile of games.

Just wanted to add another small nice application, which does provide you with a very effecient way of extracting files within a ISO image. It's a beta version, but as far as I can judge there's nothing "beta" about it.

CDmage 1.02.1 Beta 5

By the way: it's one of those small nice programs which you don't have to install, just un-RAR and run the extracted file. Maybe it's just me, but I like these kind of handy tools which doesn't mess with the registry.

Guest caffeinejunkie

Ill second Alochol 120%

one of the few programs that ive bought and actually felt ive got my moneys worth

Ive got a little over 15 games on my computer and it's nice having 34 virtual drives so I never have to handle or even mount a disc lol they're all just sititn there ready 24/7

Guest Timmay

I have never had any issues with a game Black listing Deamon tools -- Never.

It is a great program and I even use it at work for clients machines.