Sign in to follow this  
Ginjarou

New RAM just came, need advice

My new dual channel OCZ GOLD 2x1gb PC3200 kit just came and I need some advice.

What voltage does this RAM run at? It's only in a little packet and doesn't say.

Also, should I but all my OC settings back to normal before inserting this new stuff?

Thanks in advance

OK, I put back to optimised, set the DRAM voltage to 2.8v as it says that is what it is on the OCZ site and my comp runs fine.

However, trying to get back to 290x9 which I had before is quite tricky.

I had to go up in little steps otherwise where it would normally saying 'saving to CMOS' or whatever it says (I forgot), it wouldn't show it, and would then restart my machine.

And also, I'd usually have to shutdown, take the power cord out the back of the PSU, wait a while, reconnect and then boot and it'd work.

At the moment I'm on 269x9 but whenever I try and go any higher it wont say 'saving to CMOS' again and will restart my machine. I tried my complete power off trick, but that didn't work either.

the DRAM freq ratio is at 133mhz and its multiplier is 3x. I also set the CPU voltage to 1.475 I also turned up the LDT voltage to 1.3v

edit - I just tested it would stay alright if I kept the settings the same. So I just rebooted and didn't enter BIOS and it's booted fine again

can someone lend a hand here? thanks

Thread moved to AMD Overclocking section.

All threads that reference AMD Overclocking will be moved here per Admin's directive.

OCZ's support forum www.bleedinedge.com has suggested timings for their RAM on DFI boards. Also check the OCDB (Overclocking Database) for similar rigs.