PSU for OC x1900xtx and oc 165

Hmm, here in NZ we don't have that much choice as far as high-end PSUs go. I'm looking at the Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF, with 4x 18A 12v rails. Its 750W power, with a combined 12V rail rating of 60A/720W. It's listed here .

I know this is not on your recommended list, but I also have an x1900xtx (and am looking to OC it up to around 710/825 + (once I get a PSU that can handle it properly - as it has tested at these settings with no artifacts so far and stock volts). I'm running my Opteron 170 @ 2.7Ghz, 1.425v, and will be running 4gb of G.Skill BHZ stuff at 250mhz +. Not to mention my 6hdds, 2 optical drives, various fans and UV lights. (the lights/fans amount to bugger all draw).

Also, this is at a reasonable price, and it sounds like although the OCZ Powerstream 520W might do the trick, it certainly wont if I want to go crossfire with it, and strangely its nearly $50 more?!

Comments etc?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the gamexstream 700 and FSP epsilon 700 are the exact same psu's? the FSP is instock at newegg while the gamexstream isn't. also the FSP is ~$10 USD more than the gamexstream.

according to new egg - i called them today - the new 700 watt gamextream is supposed to be in stock today

sweet, its back instock now. going to order it now.

@SquattingDog Don't know what price or availability is in NZ but this is known to work well with crossfire & is in effect a cousin of the ocz gamexstream unit being made by fsp. sells at a good £ in the uk so i'm pretty sure it will be cheaper than the gamexstream.

FSP Epsilon 700

review X-Bit Labs

luck :)

Sweet as, thanks for that - my little thread high-jacking turned out to be useful after all :)

would the new OCZ GameXStream 700watt be a better buy ?

Type ATX12V

Maximum Power 700W

Fans 120mm fan x 1

PFC Active

Main Connector 24-Pin

Dual +12V Yes

SLI Support Yes

Modular Cabling Support No

Over Voltage Protection YES

Input Voltage 100 - 240V

Input Frequency Range 50/60Hz

Input Current 10A @ 115V, 5A @ 230V

Output +3.3@36A,+5V@30A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@18A,+12V3@18A,+12V4@18A,[email protected],[email protected]

1 x 24-pin ATX

1 x 4-pin/8-pin CPU

2 x PCI-Express

6 x 4-pin peripheral

2 x 4-pin floppy

6 x SATA

just a quick question here - i just read my own post lol

the given power supply; gamerxstream - will it provide stability for the sli-dr motherboard - if i remember correctly, duriing my build, it requires 2 4 pin connections on the motherboard -

1 x 24-pin ATX

1 x 4-pin/8-pin CPU

2 x PCI-Express

6 x 4-pin peripheral

2 x 4-pin floppy

is that ^ it or is it this one 1 x 4-pin/8-pin CPU

if its the 2nd one that needs to be used for that, we wont have a 2nd 4pin for the motherboard......i might be just overlooking this