3700+ on Expert Hit 255 CPU FSB

Guest retratserif

Guest Retratserif

Ok, once the bios is cleared and will boot again I will do that. Dropping my cores volts to low gave me the 3 Led thing again. I have it ready to go with ballistix installed and battery out.

Countdown from noon today for 48 hours, should clear it the same as it did last time.

Thanks.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Retratserif

Yeah, I tried it, it still made no difference. Once I get those setting changed I will use it to on oter bios's. What is the main tool you guys are using to change bios's on the fly safely. I dont want to mess that up. See I am use to Asus, they had a loader, that kept a log of all bios's loaded so you could go back or forward anytime easily.

Guest Retratserif

Well no boot with the 3LED's again. The 48 hour cmos clear did nothing.

did you try some memory dividers? looks to me that your memory is stopping it where it's at as you are running 1:1, 255*2=510, 10 clocks higher than what pc4000 is rated as.

Or perhaps it's your powersupply, 400W isn't very much.

Also try flashing your BIOS to a newer one.

or all of the above!

Guest Retratserif

Well its not posting atm. I want to flash to a new bios. I dont know where they are atm, but I will give it a look. I am sure there is a database with all the Expert bios's in it.

Yeah I guess its time to start dividing it down a bit. But I didnt think it would go to the 3 LED and not wake out of it.

Can I flash if it doesnt post? I mean I get no Video.

All I get is a blicking light on the front of my case and the 3 LED's in the case. For some reason the long bios cleared didnt work at all. I could give it all weekend, but after two 48 hour clear tests, its starting to drive me nuts. I dont know why my PSU is not here yet. I have to check to see if it actually shipped.

Guest Retratserif

Ok that sounds good, thanks.

Now to figure out what I have to do to get it booted. I have done alot to get it up, is there any other things I might want to try?

Stablizing shouldnt be to much of an issue. That just takes a little time and a few beers.

i would disconnect the power cord from the power supply, then reset CMOS with jumper, then take battery out, leave it out for 2 minutes, put it back in again, change the CMOS jumper setting back to normal, put the power cord back in in the power supply, wait for 10 seconds and the press the power switch on the motherboard (see the manual if you don't which one that is)

Guest Retratserif

Well I have been doing the "proper cmos clear"

Powerdown

unplug

jumper set to clear

remove battery

more speaker jumper to on

let set for 48 hours

move cmos jumper to on

replace battery

plug in ps2 keyboard

plug in power cable

hold insert key

power up

and it doesnt beep at me.

If it beeps you hit delete and your in but thats not hapening.

psu connected to motherboard at 3 places? main, 8pin (or 4 pin if your psu don't have 8 pins) and floppy?

also which slots are your memory in? I initially put them in yellow, but didnt go into BIOS until I put them in orange slots.

you might want to try the processor in another board you know works, to test if it's the processor that's the problem. heatsink is defenately in contact with the cpu?

could just be down to the psu being to low or low/unstable amps on rails

or a failed motherboard?

have you tried to just have psu, cpu, 1 stick of RAM, keyboard and gfx card installed and nothing else?

maybe the battery is dead/low/faulty. I've seen this before that if the battery is not giving enough juice, then boot is a no-no. do you have a spare battery from another motherboard?

Guest Retratserif

Ok, mabye you misunderstood me.

I have already been through the 4 LED and got to the 3 LED. Then I got through that once. I played with my system for about a week then decided I was going to start the OC process.

I have it connected and powered up. It has been running just fine with the setup I have. I bumped the oc one friggen digit to high for my ram and now its stuck at the 3 LED. Yeah I have a spare battery, but the one they chip it with should be just fine. Its a lithium and should not go dead off the draw it gets pretty much ever. The amps on the rails are actually pretty tight. I have a multi meter and tested that before I started adding more fans and whatnot to it.

My question is, is there any better way to reset the Cmos?

This way takes over 48 hours and still sometimes does not work. I have been battling this for almost a week now and still no go. It should reset withen a few hours at the most.

Why cant they just make a button to clear the damn thing like some other boards. My other mobo, takes no time to clear the cmos. Just turn the power off, move the jumper, mover it back after 10 secs, and boom it works with no problems. Why is this not that simple, beats the hell out of me.