My mom got a REALLY weird phone call...

Guest Loony_merged

Guest Loony

Somebody called my mom(she lives in a different state than me) and was told that someone with a name like my dad's(he's the third, so his dad has the same name) put her as a reference, and that she needed to give him a number.

The number is 1-800-***-**** ext ***** ref ********. And the person that called my mom, her name was Terry.

They said that said person lived in Hacienda Heights, CA, they gave her the address which WAS the house of my dad's grandpa, who has passed. Now, no one in my family talks to anyone on that side of the family, they kind of just dissapeared. My dad's parents, my grandparents, divorced awhile ago, and after that he dissappeared, my grandpa.

Baically what I'm asking is, is there a way I can find out what that number is connected to? I would like to know who is calling my mom asking these stupid questions.

My dad is going to start working on a project with the CIA and FBI and he's getting level 5 security clearance, or something like that, and they've been calling EVERYONE he knows...'sept me :(...but we don't think this is one of those calls. Seeing as how they gave an old address, that neither of them ever lived at, except maybe my dad about 40 years ago, and they didn't ask her any real questions about my dad, we doubt it was the CIA or whoever...

So WTF is going on?!?! Can anyone help out? I've done a couple things and have found nothing. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for the long post... :rolleyes:

Thats really weired, I know that they will interview your neighbors and relatives when you get security clearence but they wouldn't pull anything like this. If if were you i would keep an airhorn next to my phone if tey did call lol

#1 thing you need to remember is if it WAS the CIA or FBI calling no way in hell would you know :) Ive worked with both in the past when i was in the Army. Thier is also a high chance that what they were asking wouldnt make sense due to the fact that they wouldnt be looking for "typical" answers, first thing you should do is call your dad, or call the number back, ask for terri, get the number that the person listed on whatever form/application and call that.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

interesting, u're getting level 5 clearence from the cia? wanna find some people for me? lol

anywho, in Toronto we get calls from private numbers, they dont say anything, u can hear them hangup, i did a research on that and its telemarketers.

as for ur moms they could be interested in buying the house, they could be interested in demolition. either way if no one lives there do something about the house.

im just throwing out ideas... could be anything, could be nothing

Guest Loony
I edited out the phone number you posted, its not good to post any phone numbers in an open forum regardless of what they are.. You should talk to your Dad about this..

Ok sorry. I didn't think the number would have mattered. I talked it over with my dad and he said that the CIA should've been done doing their 'interviews' and this isn't even close to what everyone else got in their phone call.

My mom said she thought it was some kind of collection agency...of course my mom is an over exagerator but, who knows. I guess there's no real harm in calling the number right?

A friend of mine, another tech guy, quit his job and become a freelance contracter. Took a contract that put him on an Air Force base with some degree of security clearance. I got a call from an FBI interviewer who said my name came up during a different interview. Some pretty standard questions, but some caught me off guard. I realized I'd do fairly poorly if ever grilled giving testamony, but I knew it was important to answer honestly. But still... "Have you ever seen your friend drink?" Yes. "Ever seen him drunk?" Sure. "How did you know he was drunk? What did he do that made you think he was drunk?" Uh, hmmm. Well... because I was drunk and figured he was too???

Those interviewers are tricky!