Sign in to follow this  
Guest retratserif

Its Alive!!!

Guest Retratserif

3 LED's fixed by 48 hour CMOS clear and ballistix!!!

Good guide there ExRoadie!!!

Guest Kobalt

I don't understand that, 48 HOURS?

When you first clear the CMOS, do you unplug machine, take battery out, then press power button a few times, then move the jumper to clear the CMOS, let it stand for 30 sec to 1 min, and finally put everything back, and power on the system?

The board can't possibly hold a charge for more than 2-5 mins. Or are these super CAPS that DFI is using?

Ah, the great world of electronics. Motherboards are kind of like lost spirits, no telling how long their electro magnetic forces continue to float around without a clue :)

Hey, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year, if a dead m/b comes back to life after a cmos clear, I say what a bargain.

And yes, eXRoadies' CMOS clear procedure can be effective when nothing else is.

Guest Retratserif

I was working on this aroudn the clock for weeks. bugging the living hell out of everyone here untill I got it to work. I will be sticking around for updates and great reading material.

Yeah, it may have worked with a 24 hour, but a 15 sec, 5 min, 30 min, 4 hour, 8 hour and 12 hour didnt work, well there was only one last shot at it.

One more modification I have to do before the system is complete, that is the new PSU. I hope I dont run into the 3 LED problem again. Even if I do, I know what to do now. No cold boot so far. I am really thinking that is something wrong between new PSU's and the New DFI boards. Thats another topic.

"ballistix" ? You also replaced your RAM? if so, probably is the RAM that solve the problem. If not, hey congrate for problem solved anyway.

I had a Abit NF7-S with a life story like that

After a very VERY heavy overclock trial the board refused to boot.

CMOS reset 50 differnt times and go nada.

Left it sitting out for spring break. Cameback and it booted up jsut fine. :shake:

i also bring my mobo back to live witha 24hrs clear cmos, 5 min, 1 hour one night didnt bring it back, but 24hres did

:D

Guest Retratserif
"ballistix" ? You also replaced your RAM? if so, probably is the RAM that solve the problem. If not, hey congrate for problem solved anyway.

No you are mis understanding what I ment by usign my Ballistix.

I have many sets of ram. Cheapo to test mobos weakspots, Ballistix for single or dual 512 at the lowest possible timings or pretty good overclocks and new OCZ 2x1024 Gold for max OC.

You see most mobo's have issues with PC4000 or higher when first installing them. You have to set the bios to take them, some higher rated ram doesnt clock down well. So use ram that does. Boot it, change it, shut it down, swap, one stick first, memtest it, swap with other high rated, memtest, add second, memtest, increase FSB, memtest, ect..

I will stand by my Ballistix as the best 512 chips ever. Nothing I have every used got close to them. You can actively OC them two 220 with a 1.5 cas. It doesnt really do much but make good Super Pi times. Thats about it.