PC & Powercooling 850 or 1K owners

uneedav8

I wanted to know from someone who owns one of these monsters, how loud are these? I have heard in all the reviews that the fans are really loud. What do you guys think? Are these fans variable speed or constant? I know these are top of the line but lower noise levels would be nice. Thanks for your time.

Noise different power supplies produce is subjective to each individuals preference, the room environment it is operating in, and the case it is being used in. All factors must be considered

My 1KW is just slightly louder, under load, than my OCZ PowerStream 600 SLI (under load) which are operating out of case on my alderwood desk.

I haven't taken any real dB ratings as the need has yet to present itself.

I had one and it was substancially louder than OCZ and Seasonic, but quieter than Athena and much quieter than Zippy.

All relative.

But it is not a quiet PSU, by far.

I have a 1000W. It's quieter then my 510W same brand but still loud in it's own right. Doesn't bother me though as my phase cooler (freezer unit) is louder then anything else!

One other question, do they have the 2 fans like the typical PSU's. One to pull air into and one exit out the back? From all the pics I have seen, I can only see the exit fan and not a shot of the bottom.

It only has one beefy fan at the back.... But always remains relatively "cool" in temp... (for the 1kw).

Be warned that it's quite a bit longer then a normal psu. I had to remove my blowhole fan from the middle of the top of my case as the psu goes all the way past it!!!

I bought a PC Power and Cooling 1KW PSU the other day and observed something. I have to have a lot of stuff plugged in to get it to start up. Does anyone know how to coax this mother to start without have so much stuff plugged into it??

thank You

--EJM

I got one in a few weeks ago, I was sweating just trying to fit that thing in the case. That beast is loud. Doesnt blow out the circuit breakers when I power the comp on though...thats good.