Sign in to follow this  
euclid

Anyone here using Opera browser?

i started using Opera last week and so far its been great, the only problem im having is i cant access secure sites(Ebay and Hotmail login for example)

ive tried configuring the security settings and it doesnt matter if i identify as IE6 or Firefox. im out of ideas, hoping someone can help me out. thanks

Guest SuppA-SnipA

opera pay $35

ie6 u have to pay for windows

mozilla FREE :)

lol, i didnt pay $ for a browser, as much as i like the functionality it will be very short lived if i cant find a fix for this problem. Firefox is calling

Thats weird.. I use Opera on all my computers and have never had a problem with any site.

I wish I could help ya but I never really messed with all the settings of Opera..

Odd that an incorrect system date prevented you from getting onto secure sites. I have been using Opera for a few years now and i have never had a problem. The only settings that i have really changed are the custom toolbars and history options. I will look into it more when i get home. What happened when you went to www.hotmail.com? Did you get a "This page cannot be displayed"? or what?

i get the same thing when my system time and date is wrong. its a security certificate error.

there are a few sites that Opera will not load correctly

it is however the snappiest browser out there, load times just feel faster and once get addicted to mouse gestures you just can't live without them