Sign in to follow this  
Nautilian

My Vapochill

Hey guys, I will put up some more pics. I am busy changing the g-card cooling and finally finishing up the rest of the cabling. I got hold of a Plextor PX-716AL and a few other nice features. I will put more pics up. Under the XEII I have been able to boot at 3.750 but the temps go above 0C so I do not want to chance going any heigher.

I will also put a list of mods that I did as well as 3dmard scores and superPI.

I just need about 2 more days.

Naut

No insulation!?!? That's such a great chip. I would hate to see it leave you prematurely (let alone take along the rest of your rig with it!). It got humid recently in NYC and condensation shut me down for a day or two. Just a heads up.

There is insulation, I will actually show you some close up pics. Also remember that the Asetek kit has both heaters in the clambshell as well as on the back of the mobo running at 100% (40-50C - from what I can feel, could even be hotter). There is also A LOT of thermal grease between the pins of the CPU and the socket.

I guess a good think about being in Johannesburg, South Africa is that we do not have some if not any humidity. I have already done condensation checks and all is 100%. Just a heads up, the Promethia Mach II & ChilliKit has a different design to the mounting to the Asetek kit, maybe that is why it looks a bit different!

Naut