How much voltage can i add mt my Geil UltraX

Hi guys, im overclocking my opteron 146 and i just wanna know what the max safe voltage amount is??? i have 2 120mm fans intake and exhaust and thats it, so yea might get active cooling on it later but not at the moment... how much voltage can i add to them??? im running CPU/12 divider, @ 2500atm.... what other settings are a must to have a stable ram etc... Please help me out. Thanks

anything over 2.9ish will need active cooling if there hot to the touch well..............

i think you shold check out the overclocking guide as you timeings are pretty loose for such a small o/c also check these two links out:

to find out what ic's you've got

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=47615

to find out what they can do

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

opps think i got the links the wrong way round

If these are PC3200 Ultra-X with PN-1243 on the back then they are likely to be UTT chips. I have a set of these and can now run them at around 250 2-2-2-5 BUT need up to 3.35v. It did take a lot of burn-in using Memtest.

Check your model and part number plus the date when purchased.

i had a pair of geil ultra X pc4400...they were tccd

the other flavor they had were pc3200, afaik...both ultraX rams were tccd when they first came out.....bout a year ago....they might have reviesed the ic's they were using while in production...

the pc3200 could run some tight timings of 2.2.2.5 but avg was 215fsb, after that you needed to loosen the timings...some ran as high as 275fsb 2.5.7.4.4.....if yours are acting the same way, i would guess tccd ic's...imho

with a 1:1 divider i cant go past 2400 on my opteron with stock settings... will pull a stick out and see what it says on the stickers, i got these around 2 weeks ago... burning in??? so ur saying the better burnt in they are the better they will oc?

If these are PC3200 AND UTT chips they could do better. Since they are new if is very unlikey they will be TCCD as they stopped using those chips in the PC3200 modules nearly 18mths ago.

Look at the label and tell us what the PN ...