Best overclocking Dual Core opterons post here

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ppl :D

Been reading though threads in here for some time, getting updated on what is what ,as i go though the process of upgrading, getting a Alienz warz com but at half the price . I am a bit disapointed with the service here in aus but have managed to get most of the stuff that i have researched after checking out,reviews,bench marks, and posts (very informative site this :D )so what i am saying is that i go with the amd opteron 165 rather than athlon duel core, i go the 165 for obvious reasons - voltage ,cach,o/c ability, and the testing of them being a server chip. I did my home work that others have post on this site and others got that feed back and went with the model number CCb1E only to have the supplier send me ccbwe : ( THEN refuse to take it back #$#%K @$@^%TZ .... these days got to get it in writing jsut to be sure you have it documented! have to read more on O/C and Ram so i can get over the ram limitaitons ANY sugestions on that? the reason being i don't c that chip model getting beyond 3gigz. THANX ppl !! couple of weeks and i will be back on track

Hello, Just got my Opteron 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW from zzf today and will put it in this weekend. I have updated to the new official bios; will this be enough to just plug and play?

I will replace the X2 in my sig. Any other prelims I should be aware of?

thanks

-Danz :nod:

Guest burningrave101

When you guys post a screenshot of your Prime stable overclock could you be sure and include an A64Tweaker shot in there as well? I'd like to see the DRAM settings everyone is using, especially if you have RAM with UCCC chips.

Hello, Just got my Opteron 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW from zzf today and will put it in this weekend. I have updated to the new official bios; will this be enough to just plug and play?

I will replace the X2 in my sig. Any other prelims I should be aware of?

thanks

-Danz :nod:

Over at xs forum someone has your same stepping and they are also good .

To answer you question no you just need to install chip and crank fsb to 267-288 on stock volts and run prime95. Should be no problem up to 2600-2700 on stock volts mine went to 2754 . :nod: Now until I get wc I will keep mine at 2.9 ghz. :D

From that point is all about tweaking it, but you should be good to go on air to around 2800-2900. Very few gotten 3000 on air.

Good luck