Thermalright SI97 for NF2's

Hey guys..

SVC is having a sale on Thermalright SI97's...If you dont know about these...well they are great...The best socket A cooler I have used...It's extremely light and ver efficient with a low rpm fan...so it will be cool and quiet..

This link does use (go thru) the link in AG's sig....

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsea...ry=Thermalright

yes..yes it is...

There is actually a liquid in the heat pipes the help carry heat and cool the base... it's the same liquid as those drinking birds...you know the ones you sit next to a glass of water and it keeps bobbibg for a drink....

I think it's benzine....?

Guest Darien

you'll have to forgive me...

but that's bogus... my SI-97 is good...

but it's not even CLOSE... NOT EVEN CLOSE... to my SLK-974U... and my SP-97 is a little better than the SLK-947U....

and I know you're not saying it's a better HSF playah, but that review does:

CONS:

* can be slightly difficult to install

* does not outperform SP-97 in all cases

The SI-97 is good.. but they got serious intestinal fortitude to claim superiority, in any way shape or form over the SP-97, in any test... even by a small margin...

The SI-97 is good because it is so quick and easy to install and remove and re-intall... yet they said it was difficult??? the SI-97 is great for when you're testing different cpu's and you need something quick... that still provides good cooling.... but do to it's design it doesn't have a very strong connection... just that little clip... which allows for plenty of slip, at least 15 degrees of rotation slip in either direction if accidently bumped, which prevents a good cure... the bolt on design of the SP-97 and SLK-947U are far superior...

In conclusion... SI-97, very good HSF, especially at that price... but for anyone to delude themselves into thinking, in any way, that it's better than the SP-97 is sillyness.

I prefer the SI-97 over the others...

Here is why... that little transistor next to the ZIF lever everyone always seems to break off on the DFI-NF2 boards....It's just too damn close to the hole as is the ones on the upper hole....just search and you'll see....

I've got the SLK947U but haven't really had time to test it,other than w/a modded shroud that fit a bigger fan.Really did not impress me,but in all fairness I haven't given it a chance yet,so the jury is still out.

For what's available new right now,it's hard to beat the SI-97,I used mine in the OCDB and if ambient temps aren't too high it's impressive.

@Darien,

I've always been jealous of you guys w/the SP97's,been watching Ebay a long time to get one at a fair price.I'm still convinced it's the finest air cooled HS for socket A

The SLK900's have got a good rep also

Guest Darien
I've got the SLK947U but haven't really had time to test it,other than w/a modded shroud that fit a bigger fan.Really did not impress me,but in all fairness I haven't given it a chance yet,so the jury is still out.

For what's available new right now,it's hard to beat the SI-97,I used mine in the OCDB and if ambient temps aren't too high it's impressive.

@Darien,

I've always been jealous of you guys w/the SP97's,been watching Ebay a long time to get one at a fair price.I'm still convinced it's the finest air cooled HS for socket A

The SLK900's have got a good rep also

Actually you'll notice my first couple OCDB entries are actually using the SI-97... so don't get me wrong, it's a good HSF... anyting TR is good...

and I've always been jealous of the SP-97 owners too... I just got mine :nod:

Guest Blooz1

I'm glad Playah stuck in a vote for the SLK900!

I'm in the process of building an Ultra Infinity rig, and even though I've got an SI-97, I'm going to use my SLK800a!

I bought the SI-97 to use on a very early (unlocked) Barton 2500, which I've been using in an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe.

The temp sensors on this Asus are about as accurate as a "Magic 8-Ball", but I've never seen any astounding drops since I got the Si-97. I do know that I used to get temps in the 30's with the SLK-800a!