Need new car, But which one?

Guest Joalaielna_merged

Guest Joalaielna

Hey guys I am currently looking for a new car for to and from work. I am trying to keep it under 12k. As I will be financing since I dont' have the cash :eek2: . I am in the market for a small Fuel friendly car.

The cars I am Looking at are the 2007 yaris from toyota and the Scion xA.

Any thoughts and advice..Maybe a different car? thanks guys .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joalaielna

I would normaly agree. But Since these "compact" cars are soo cheap for what you get I am thinking about getting a new one.

This car will be exclusivly for my business and such will be a good tax write off.

I am also looking at a honda Fit which is really SWEET!

The XA stinks, but don't know how you can get one for 12k. They were 13k on the 95 models and you can forget about dealing. I wanted an XC and they wouldn't drop 750.00 of the sticker...period. That's all I needed because I had financing already arrainged.

Guest Joalaielna

Well I would in theory like to keep it under 12 but the fit's are around 14,500.

check te yaris some models have bugs a mates a toyota dealer he steered me away from one don't know if the bugs in the U.S. version though

ha ha good saleman :nod:

Guest Joalaielna

I wonder how much they would give me for trade in? :shake: :shake:

10037429zy.jpg

This was my work car...But the Frame is completly rusted and my mechanic told me that if I as much hit a big pothole the car would "fold" in itself or "pull" apart. And if i get in an accident.. :(

I only paid 125 for it so i'm not losing too much.

Hey guys I am currently looking for a new car for to and from work. I am trying to keep it under 12k. As I will be financing since I dont' have the cash :eek2: . I am in the market for a small Fuel friendly car.

The cars I am Looking at are the 2007 yaris from toyota and the Scion xA.

Any thoughts and advice..Maybe a different car? thanks guys .

ha ha miss Anita says 750 for a sticker? lol

id definatley check out a mazda3 in the compact segment. the volvos40 is based on the same exact platform, at double the price.

i agree with seer23, consider a used car coming off a 2 or 3 year lease, you will drive it for 5 years an lose maybe 3k when you go to resell it, you lose 3k by driving a new car off the lot, and insurance is higher, completely pointless.

Yaris seems like a pretty good car. I'd go with the Fit since Im a Honda fanatic. Also if youre into drving/tuning cars the Fit can really be transformed into a corner handling monster. I saw the Fit at the LA Auto show, but didn't really look at it for that long. I barely remember any of the cars there I saw...lol. The Fits ahve been rated at 50mpg, dont really know about the Yaris. They're basically cars that Honda and Toyota put out to compete against each other, so theyre pretty close.

Getting a used car that's only a couple of years old can save you thousands of dollars.

Let someone else take the hit on depreciation.

Pull a CarFAX on anything you're serious about. Do not buy without a CarFAX!

If you don't need a warranty, hit the classifieds. You can save hundreds to thousands buying from an individual.

Use www.kbb.com to comparison shop before getting your heart set on one car. Always have at least three choices. This will keep you from over-buying.

If you must buy from a lot, ask the salesman if they use the "four-square", if they say no, walk away because they just lied to you and it won't stop there. This will teach you to never trust anything they say at a car lot.

Always have terms written in plain English attached to any contract above your signature.

When you've made your deal, tell them that you want to pay cash and watch them raise the price.

Pick a monthly payment you can afford but do not tell them the amount. Always deal on a bottom line total price including financing. Then work out the monthly note separately.

Remember, they lie to get you to spend money you don't have.

Oh yeah, car salesmen lie! LOL