What Am i over looking?

I changed my MB cooler and moved the video card up to the first slot where quote"Its should be".....Now instead of 29000 in 3dmark Im getting 10000 any idea's I switch the jumper fron the Sli setting back to normal I upgrades drivers Im lost...PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Im not worried about the scores or what version of 3dmark Im using I just used 3dmark to compare from top slot to bottom thats it.......and I cant move the Video back because I put a different cooler on the card and it hits the card in that pci slot......but it was fine before I changed to top.....

I think they were just making sure you used the same version for both tests. :)

Well, what I would do is take the card out and double check all the jumpers are in he correct position. Shouldn't matter if you have them x8 x8 or x16 x2, just make sure its correct. Personally I'd leave it x8 x8.

Reinsert the card and clear CMOS for a few minutes with the battery out and PSU switched/unplugged.

Load up optimized defaults after a few and see what she runs stock.

well i took out my sound card and put the vid card in the second slot and I left the jumper set in the normal setting non sli so by rights the second slot should be 2x and the top 16 x right well went back into 3dmark and it ran 5times faster than the upper slot.......slot with the 3dmark01 example 150 fps slot 2 would run just under 600 fps............any other ideas i dont know of any other jumper other than the two between the pci-e slots.....btw Ialso cleared the cmos.....

well i took out my sound card and put the vid card in the second slot and I left the jumper set in the normal setting non sli so by rights the second slot should be 2x and the top 16 x right well went back into 3dmark and it ran 5times faster than the upper slot....... with the 3dmark01 example 150 fps slot 2 would run just under 600 fps............any other ideas i dont know of any other jumper other than the two between the pci-e slots.....btw Ialso cleared the cmos.....

I just uninstalled all drivers mb and video/then reinstalled,jumper set on 8x/cleared cmos/reflashed bios to a differnt version/cleared cmos again.....If I put the card in slot #2 it will run just shy of 30000 in 3dmark01 when I put it in slot #1 it run 11000 OMG whats the deal?