HR-05 installed on SLI-D w/ pics

I know people are iffy about getting the thermalright HR-05, as they don't know if it will work with their setup. I only run on lowly video card, but I took some pics so you might be beter able to judge if you want to pick it up or not. I'm pleased. Install is easy, and temps went from 42 with stock active cooling to 35, passively cooled with the HR-05.

IMG_1332Medium.jpg

IMG_1333Medium.jpg

IMG_1334Medium.jpg

IMG_1345Medium.jpg

temps went from 42 with stock active cooling to 35, passively cooled with the HR-05.

Thats a real nice drop considering its passive now !!

Thanks alot for the pictures as this will come in handy if someone is interested in this cooler.. It looks like it will fit perfect with any card in the bottom PCI-E slot but using the top slot will probably be a problem..

edit..

Btw.. very neat setup you got there.. (wire management)

I think it's also worth mentioning the bracket which holds it down doesn't do much for holding it from twisting. You can twist it about 15 degrees without effort, so if youre top slot vid card isn't to thick, you might be able to get away with it.

calvintang - already done =) To be honest though I didn't get much of a drop from it. I instead cut three of the zip ties and twisted it around towards the PWMIC area, which cools it down from the high 40's to the high 30's.

THunDA - thanks. I recieved many a cuts to jam those cables in there.

• 5 months later...

Thats a nice setup there, Good to see another person with a Lexa.

I would be interested to see if the cooler manages to squeeze in on a Expert.