Sign in to follow this  
p0tter

ARCTIC COOLING Accelero ?

Anyone using these? I loved the NV/ATI Silencers and wish AC would have added some heatpipes and continued with the exhaust setup.

Just wondering if users are happy with the ARCTIC COOLING Accelero.

Thoughts?

This is what the next gen of Silencers should have [email protected]#

i agree with you 100% all the way... i have a 7900gt in of one.. i think the zalman vf700cu kinda sux because it blows hot air back into the case causing my chipset temp to go up cause its right next eachother.

I am using X2 on me X1800XT. Compared too stock HSF its very quiet obviously. On stock volts it even cools a bit better then stock HSF:

x2100stockvolts3yr.jpg

As soon as i raise volts it cannot keep up with the stock cooler though. Chipset is around 5 deg hotter when card is under load with this HSF, it doesnt dump the hot air out of the back of the case like stock one does.

I'm using one on my 6800GT and I love it. Much more quiet, and cools a lot better than the BFG cooler did. Here's a picture:

Accelero%20X1%20II.JPG

I dropped my idle temps about 5 degrees C, and I have yet to see temps over 72-75 degrees C. (My old cooler would push 88 C at times.)

Hope this helps.

Mark

Whoever that is interested in the X2's, i would suggest purchasing another cooler. I've recently bought the AC X2 and EverClear VC-RE and i'm not having a great time with this combination. My temps on the chipset use to be 35-40c IDLE, and it still hasn't changed because the X2 is just pushing HOT HOT air into the cooler. I'm sure if i would of had the stock cooler on their it would of been worse. It's easier to play games now since i don't hear that jet engine noise, but i've been having overheat problems since it's HOT HOT here in Cali now. :)

man are you right on on that. That thing is gogeous.

Think Mack27 has it together as usual. doesn't appear to be a good combo.

Cosmeticly I'd have to put the X2 in the "butt ugly" category. Or maybe the "really butt ugly". :D

I was hoping I would get used to the "nifty" red LED on the VC-RE.

Actually becoming more irritating with time. Sort of a "Warning Will Robinson" color.

:(

my 7900gt is loud!

I want to exhaust the hot air because I have a small quiet case setup..

any sugguestion?

Fast Hot Rod:

what are your chipset temp?

Guest area51

Wangerin...

do a little forum searching...somewhere here there are one or two dudes that said they are using the Silencer Rev 5 off of their 7800gt and it fit no problem even though it was not supposed to. I remember reading it somewhere here at the street and being intrigued by it...but as I don't have a 7900GT forgot about it until just now.

Guest area51

Ahhh....found one of the dudes right here:

Arctic Cooler 6

Looks like it was not the rev 5 like I thought it was :rolleyes: but the 6. The guy pulled it off of his 6600GT and said it fit and worked great...maybe you should shoot him a pm for the details.

Might be exactly what you need...

well

i have the Accelero on my 7800GT and the Evercool VC-RE chipset cooler...

and

I can tell you...I don't have the problem that Mack is having...this thing is ultra silent, gives me slightly better overclocks (and about a zillion percent less noise lol), and the chipset temp has not budged (I have a lot of air moving around my case though, as well as the open test stations...but almost zero noise from them as i use silent 120mm fans in front and back and on the side to move air around)

personally I am very very happy with the Accelero

I've also got an Arctic Silencer 5 rev3 for the 7800GTX that I will be installing the instant i rip it out of my main rig and remove the waterblock lol...

the x1900xtx series are power hungry and hot!

thx area51:

Ive read the other reviews on the NV silencer 6 and it does not cool the ram.

I had NV silener 5 rev3 installed, but sold it with my 7800gt. It wasnt a perfect fit some areas of the memory chips are left unsinked. Figured something will catch my eye. :)

I think I will pick up a zalman vf700. It is somewhat universal.