[Resolved] Recording Audio Cassettes

Firebird

Hi,

I have a 7800 GT w/ VIVO. I want to convert some Audio Cassettes to Digital CD's.

I haven't a clue as to how to do it!

I have an older Pioneer Tape Deck & Amp w/ all the 'ins & outs'.

I would appreciate it if someone could instruct - point to thread or tutorial...or?

Thank You,

AZ :cool:

Digitally recording analog audio has nothing to do with you video card.

You will need to get a patch cable that will run from the out on your tape deck to either the line in or mic in on you sound card. In your case I guess your using onboard sound, this won’t give you the greatest results but it will work. You can DL Audacity to record a .wav file to your HDD, then use MediaPlayer or whatever to burn a CD.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

instructions

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...i=records-tapes

you would need to go from the "line out" on the source ie. tape player , reciever...to the

" line in " on your sound card or karajan....but you would need a y splitter that has rca female inputs to a male mini jack input....understand?

you would need to go from the "line out" on the source ie. tape player , reciever...to the

" line in " on your sound card or karajan....but you would need a y splitter that has rca female inputs to a male mini jack input....understand?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey, I got music playing and it sounds better than I have ever heard from my cassettes. (using nVIDIA - nvMIXER).

Now I gotta figure how to capture / convert Analog to Digital so I can burn to .WAV.

Spyvie mentioned Audacity. I use Audacity to convert MP3 to .WAV. I'll have to open it up and see what else it does...

Thx for helping :)

AZ

Oh, Neil Young just came on w/ "Out on the Weekend". (The bass is beautiful) :nod: