Rx200 stability issue

xjedi

Hi, I just bought the dfi-lanparty Rx200 and I was wondering why im not able to overclock like I was able to on my last motherboard.

My current settings are :

HTT: 3x

DDR: 166mhz

cpu voltage: 1.55v

cpu vid: 1.04%

ram voltage : 2.99

chipset voltage: 1.4

timings: 3-3-7-3 1T

fsb:260mhz

cpu frequency : 2.34ghz

Before I switched over to pci-e I had a gigabyte agp motherboard that allowed me to overclock to 2.6 ghz at 288 fsb.. But now im struggling to get it stable at the settings I have it on now. My cpu speeds bottleneck the video card so much now that I get lower performance then my previous AGP system I had before. The system I had before was a gigabyte k8ns mobo, with a x850xt pe, the same cpu, and the same ram ... the only thing that is different is the psu which I switched from a forton source 450 to the antec 550 NeoHE psu because I thought that getting a new PSU would fix my stability problem, but it didnt of course ..

When I first switched over to PCI-E I bought the a8r-mvp motherboard which overclocked like a charm but it wasnt stable enough... I figured that the problem was the fact that The maximum voltage that I could set to my cpu was 1.52 volts. So I bought the DFI Rx200 motherboard since the bios allows more leway with CPU VID but sadley it is performing worse than the a8r-mvp motherboard in the stability even without the voltage limitations. Mabye Im doing something wrong , but Ive read the overclocking guide and ive looked all over for modded bios or something that will allow me to get better stability but I havent found anything yet. Its sad but without overclocking my performance is alot worse than my agp setup which is rediculous because I have a x1900xt!Can someone please help me!? :sad:

There is a problem with HT*3 .

With Ht *2 at 1.5 v nb 309 is all i can do.

Ht *3 at 1.5 v nb 299 , 300 I geast won't work.

Ht *4 1.3 v nb 285 stable all the time.

Ht *1 1.5 v nb 240 maximum.

All tests are made 1 :1 . Is a very strage thing with the bios. I anderstand is a new version for oc , but ......i 'am not sure i;ll try it.

So samthing is wrong with the bios seting , in my opinon.....but not sure what !

Thanx I apologize for posting in the wrong place. I just thought this had more to do with the motherboard . But I realize my mistake.

And thanx ropittbul for helping me i will try to see if i can do HTT 2x later on. I just hope I can gain the speed I had with my agp setup.

I think he ment that you location is "somewhere" - not that you posted in the wrong place -

I too have been having problems OCing my RDX200 past 2300 but i think i need more time to try different things.

I spent all day messing with bios and I finnaly gave in and put the ram on 2T. I was able to get my cpu at 2.7ghz stable as a rock. My fsb is at 300, DDR frequency is 166mhz, LTD is 4 volt 1.77 , ltd volt 1.5, and my timmings are 3-3-7-3... Im a happy camper... for right now anyways.. I just hope when I get my x1900 crossfire card that wont change.