Sign in to follow this  
ZACHOW3

Dual 7900gtx Cards

Anyone running 2 of these cards in SLI? Mine are XFX not that that really matters but with my OCZ Powerstream 600 and an FX-57 I think I might be pushing the envelope with this PS. And I thought that my $$$ PS would allow me room for future upgrading but these 7900GTX cards are power hungry monsters. Runs great with one card but two might be pushing it. I have to much invested (ask my wife) to buy another PS but if thats what it takes to run this combination than I will(of course the little misses wont know). Any thoughts on if I should be okay with what i have or recommendations on a PS that will work for my setup?

Thank You for the Quick reply UncleDavid218. Thats reasuring since I'm way over budget on this project already. So even running two of these cards and Processor Etc... Wont be overkill for the PS. I just wondered since according to box these cards reqiure 22 Amps each and the PS seems to be a combined 35Amps on both rails. But you probably know better than me if that is sufficient. Thanks again.

No. You know best. It's your system. If there's no problem with it then why are you worried about theoretical amp loads?

If you just wanted to shout about having a 2 x 7900GT SLI set up then why not be honest about it :rolleyes:

technodanvan,

What do you mean keep this to a single thread? Yes I am new to the forum and obviously dont know all the rules but im not stupid. Please elaborate as to what you mean so I dont break the rules. I'm just looking for information.

I think what he means is that he does not want you to create multiple threads on one topic, as others have done.

You seem to know what you're doing so don't worry about it.

As long as you read the rules you're good.

technodanvan,

What do you mean keep this to a single thread? Yes I am new to the forum and obviously dont know all the rules but im not stupid. Please elaborate as to what you mean so I dont break the rules. I'm just looking for information.

You made another thread very similar to this one, perhaps by accident.

I'm fine with that and thank you for enlightening me. And yes I did post a couple threads in different sections but that was do to my inability to receive any response. This forum has been invaluable to me and I read it all the time. Sorry that I'm posting incorrectly. Sometimes I think there are just to many rules in this world but I will read more carefully and post correctly. Again I apologize and appreciate eveyones input.

This is a great forum and has been invaluable to me.Please keep it up.

Im running my old OCZ 520W powerstream and it works fine with 2 7900 gtx's and my x2-4800 and 1 hd and 1 plextor dvd burner. I dont know if it's enough. I think it is, just barely. I had a brand new Enermax 620 Liberty and I think it was blowing up my evga cards. I'm on my third set and they are fine with the OCZ psu. The Enermax is going back to Newegg. Anyone have any brilliant ideas about a PSU?? I saw a Kilowatt one the other day on Newegg.....It was rated for quad SLI....Is it really necessary?

--EJM

BTW...I love my 7900's....8500 in 3dmark 06 @ stock...not bad....13500 in 05....It'll do.

my ocz powerstream 600 is sli certified, and you arent overloaded with too many optical or hd's so you are totaly golden with your set-up....now oc that bad boy! lol