Sign in to follow this  
BlueNote

GameXtream

Hi there ... just noticed that the new OCZ PSU's were listed at ZipZoomFly and im looking to grab one up if they're actually in stock. I saw that RyderOCZ posted at the BE forums that the new PSU's would be out at the end of april, so if anyone who has one would mind giving a quick rundown on it, that would be much appreciated :) .

So my questions...

should I grab one of these GameXtreams or get a Powerstream instead?

and what exactly is so valuable about the adj. rails on the powerstream, if that's the reason that people might suggest a powerstream over a gamextream?

- Dan

Morelikely the GamerXstream is more reliable, flexable, powerful than the powerstream series. I wouldn't wait, i would get it if i were you. You also want to check out Monarchcomputers.com since they have it as well, and they won't charge tax fee just shipping with the price tag.

based on the Fortron design, they are quiet and EXTREMELY strong

I have the 700w, which has 4 independent 12v rails @ 18A each

I have it running a Crossfire CFX3200-DR motherboard with 2GB RAM, 2x X1900XT's in Crossfire mode, 2x 80GB Hitachi SATA II drives in RAID, cd-rom and floppy, etc, and it is supa strong

and supa quiet

highly recommended psu, either the 600w or the 700w

Thanks for the input, it looks like this new toy is the way to go lol.

To MonarchComputers!

argh you guys...stop posting...I have to order pizza and wings and the more I have to reply, the longer it takes me to actually get around to ordering!!!

argh you guys...stop posting...I have to order pizza and wings and the more I have to reply, the longer it takes me to actually get around to ordering!!!

Pepperoni?

Hot or mild?

Sign in to follow this