Sign in to follow this  
hstuehmeyer2000

freezes up at lanparty screen

Guest caffeinejunkie

You gotta post more than that

Like has the system been acting up recently?

have you made any major hardware changes recently?

Last settings you were trying to boot with?

What troubleshooting have you done?

If you havent done any Id recommend a good cmos clear for like 15mins

Then if That doesnt work try booting w/ only one stick of ram in the closest orange slot to the cpu

If that doesnt work take the cpu out of the case and have it on a workbench or something to make sure there are no shorts and have only the eesentials plugged in (cpu,ram,video)

report back with your results and good luck

it froze up once last night worked fine after a restart tried the one stick of ram did not work cleared cmos did not work all i have in it is cpu vcard and ram i putt water cooling in it last night and it worked fine no leaks

"it froze up once last night worked fine after a restart tried the one stick of ram did not work cleared cmos did not work all i have in it is cpu vcard and ram i putt water cooling in it last night and it worked fine no leaks"

and

"my computer freezes up at the lanparty screen"

English is a lost skill nowadays. Punctuation and capitalization does slightly help. Just slightly.

Hmm... now... if a CMOS clear didn't fix it, it must have been a hardware issue. This time, go into your computer, and boot into your BIOS. In the BIOS, turn off the Boot Splash Screen so it will show you the regular boot screen.

See if there are any errors there, if there are, post them here.

Ok. Check you have all 3 power connections to the board. 4 pin/24 pin/molex, maybe the molex was dislodged by accident.

If they're all in, put the clear cmos jumper on, power off the psu and leave it for a few hrs.

It's worked for me before.