Sign in to follow this  
RJHazel

C1 Error code on Debug LED

does anyone know what this error code means???!!!

Basically if i try to change my multi downwards the system will not boot and just cycles through the first couple of codes and goes to this constantly

any ideas, advice?

No, nobody will know. DFI did not have the foresight to consider that we might actually want to know what those codes mean....

I had that code yesterday, couldnt get into bios even. I had to clear COMS and I did the whole, move to pins 2-3, remove batt 5 min. Replace batt, move to pins 1-2 and repower system. Thats all I know, I was doing some overclocking and went way too far with FSB then it gave me the C-1 and couldnt get into bios let alone boot to windows.

I dont know why you would get for lowering the muti, I will have to try that and see if I get the same. Good luck, Ill let you know if it does it for me too. Sorry cant be more help!

YZF-Champ, how do you like that 1KW PSU? I was looking at those this past weekend. What is your review of it?

You cant go wrong with PCP&C. They are the undisputed PS champions. If you are running crossfire and plan to do so good overclocking, i highly suggest you read up on the 800 and 1kw units.

If i could change 1 thing about it, i would want another fan on the bottom of the PSU for case cooling (HDD cooling in my case).

C1 basically indicates the memory or cache is not recognized. Which could be the case since you are trying to change multiplier and then the board has problems knowing the memory.

See this: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51631 Most likely will be of a help if you can get back to windows to winflash or try KillCmos off Tmods cd anyway.

RGone...

Guest eva2000

yeah now ya mention it C1 is memory related but not in dfi manual, i only knew as i have Abit AN8-32 and C1 is memory related hehe

memory error, never thought of that one!!

i did flash twice the nremove the battery, still i may go to the newest BIOS and see if that cures it!

thanks for the input,

I got C1 error problem too, but only when PC hangs and i must restart by button, then i didnt bood even if i turn off PC, i need to reset cmos, then its ok? why its doing this? since if i restart PC normally thru windows, its ok, is it still memory related? there is airflow over DIMMs, so they surely dont overheating.