DFI Venus Floppy Problem

Booted off the DFI Venus for the first time and the bloody thing wants to boot off windows CD not the 74GB Raptor with windows on a Bios Flash usually sorts this out I am attempting to flash it with 329 Bios only problem is that it does not seem to detect my floppy the power cable is in and IDE looking cable to the motherboard it won't detect a disk is their something in the Venus Bios I have to change in order for it to do so?

I got my replacement floppy cable yeaterday, and was a little surprised to see it was one of the matching Venus ones. Curiousity, to see if they actually sent me a working one, almost got the best of me. I opened my case and was gonna replace it, when I said to hell with it. I'd have to move too many things around to replace it, for something that isn't even visible, and I've learned my lesson about rooting around in this thing unnecessarily.

Yeah bad floppy lead need to RMA it :rolleyes:

Anyway got windows going and installed the new Forceware drivers for it to say that it has to decrease performance so my hardware is not damaged Overloaded PSU? I have a XFI Connexted,Two XFX 470M 7900 GTs, Four Sticks of Bh5, Amd Opteron 170, Pci network Card, One 120mm, One Vantec Tornado, Fan Controller,ASUS Dvd RW & Floppy Drive

what do you guys think all the rails are reporting in the green at the back

hey Rapty, glad you got that sorted out. i too was one of the many with a bad floppy cable.

never heard/saw that type of error/warning....i would guess that the 520 you are running, might be a tad overloaded? i know the 520's are not sli certified, and even thought i dont have 2 vid cards (yet) i did upgrade to the sli 600 psu.

those 2 xfx gtx...plus everything else might be putting a strain on your psu, not to mention your 4 sticks of geil...

...with such a kick a$$ rig that you have...a psu upgrade might just be the ticket....

and i know you are gonna wanna oc the bejesus outta that monster!

congrats on joing the "venus club"